How to improve? (1 Viewer)

Drsoccerball

HSC
I need to improve my chemistry and English marks... Any advice

astroman

HSC
Very broad question, need to be more specific, aim to improve chemistry through regular revision and past papers. Improve english through writing lots of essays and getting them marked until they get 100%. That the only way pretty much and then just rote them for exams. Also make sure your creative is broad enough to amend to any given criteria.

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Where do you want to start improving in your subjects? Specifically, what are your areas where you under-perform?

Drsoccerball

HSC
My school decided not to assess us on short storys so we have only done assessments with essays... Therefore im pretty sure my short storys going to be crap. For chem i understand it but my preliminary knowledge was absolutely F***ed by my preliminary teacher the calculations are easy doe

zhertec

HSC
For chemistry, general revision works to help you remember/understand the concepts. If you already understand and memorised all of the concepts and information, then use past hsc questions to practise responses; the most important step in practising being that you check your answers against the marking criteria/markers comments etc, learning how to structure your responses to the suitable verbs also helps alot.

P.S. the sample responses in success one are sometimes horrible tbh..

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
For chemistry, general revision works to help you remember/understand the concepts. If you already understand and memorised all of the concepts and information, then use past hsc questions to practise responses; the most important step in practising being that you check your answers against the marking criteria/markers comments etc, learning how to structure your responses to the suitable verbs also helps alot.

P.S. the sample responses in success one are sometimes horrible tbh..
I agree with this, my teacher has several times used different answers than success one because there are better ways to answer the questions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)