Have I messed up my HSC already with my subject selection? (1 Viewer)

Throwaways

HSC
N/A
I'm in year 11, doing Business instead of Chem and Gen Maths instead of 2unit.
I figure if I was doing a harder subject like chem I'd do tutoring and because of such I'd get equal or higher marks in Chem as opposed to business, this in itself means a lot because Chem is higher scaling.

Also with the maths selection, with tutoring I'd probably get equal, not higher, but equal to gen marks (less certain on this one).
It's not a matter of interests for business vs chem either as I'm equally as interested in chem (seeing how people always say scaling doesn't matter and choose what you're interested in).
Also, did I mess up by swapping from bio to Modern? I hated the teacher but bio seems to be both easier and higher scaling, (bio maybe has less interesting content though too)

TLDR; Year 11, Did I mess up with my decision of Bus over Chem & swapping from Bio to Modern & by doing gen maths & not trying 2u w/ tutoring?

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Bus, Eco, Gen Maths, Modern His, Eng Adv, Eng Ext1, SOR 1

Throwaways

HSC
N/A
Main concern is the bus and chem thing, and generally being complacent with subjects, which are not high scaling (and not getting tutoring because of this)

Feynman

HSC
No, the only way to mess up is to do subjects you do not enjoy. Doing a subject just for scaling will probably result in you losing interest and doing worse in the HSC.

Tutoring does not automatically mean you will get a band 6 in your subjects, you need to do a lot of independent study too.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
No you haven't. You have only messed up if you continue to think you've messed up.

waterlml

HSC
if you can do well in any subjects. choose the high scaling subjects
but if you are not, choose the ones you enjoy and subjects you're good at

Throwaways

HSC
N/A
No, the only way to mess up is to do subjects you do not enjoy. Doing a subject just for scaling will probably result in you losing interest and doing worse in the HSC.

Tutoring does not automatically mean you will get a band 6 in your subjects, you need to do a lot of independent study too.
Well yeah but I'd be more motivated to work on harder subjects along with tutoring, and I don't find business all that enjoyable

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)