dragged down if first screws up? (1 Viewer)

bigdawstv

HSC
So I'm coming 2nd in business studies, the guy above me is 6/7 % ahead of me.

If he screws up externally does that mean everyone under him gets dragged down?

thanks in advance

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
depends. whatever he gets externally he keeps, but he also gets the highest mark whoever got in the external hsc exam as his internal mark due to his top rank. so if you happen to beat him in the hsc exam, then you will keep your external mark but you will get a moderated internal mark. Your internal might be low, but if you smash hsc then it will benefit both you and first place.

bigdawstv

HSC
depends. whatever he gets externally he keeps, but he also gets the highest mark whoever got in the external hsc exam as his internal mark due to his top rank. so if you happen to beat him in the hsc exam, then you will keep your external mark but you will get a moderated internal mark. Your internal might be low, but if you smash hsc then it will benefit both you and first place.
Your internal might be low

how could it be low??

wot.

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Your internal might be low

how could it be low??

wot.
as in it will be lower than your external if you're second place. So if you're external is really high then you could potentially pull up your internal too. It all depends on what the highest and lowest marks externally are for your cohort. Like if the highest is 91 and lowest 23 then yes you will be dragged down quite a bit if you're not first (it's the worst feeling ever :'( but if the highest is 91 and lowest is 78 then the gap betw first and last is small so you're internal will not be as low.

It's all relative

bigdawstv

HSC
as in it will be lower than your external if you're second place. So if you're external is really high then you could potentially pull up your internal too. It all depends on what the highest and lowest marks externally are for your cohort. Like if the highest is 91 and lowest 23 then yes you will be dragged down quite a bit if you're not first (it's the worst feeling ever :'( but if the highest is 91 and lowest is 78 then the gap betw first and last is small so you're internal will not be as low.

It's all relative
Highest mark now is around 94, lowest 8%

I'm screwed then.

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
For your internal moderation, it only matters how high the highest external score is – it's irrelevant who gets it.

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
Well it's several things, but I meant in terms of the highest external mark aspect, it doesn't matter about whether the top internal person gets it or not, what's important is how high that is.

bigdawstv

HSC
Well it's several things, but I meant in terms of the highest external mark aspect, it doesn't matter about whether the top internal person gets it or not, what's important is how high that is.
okay I understand

kabytto

HSC
If he screws up externally does that mean everyone under him gets dragged down?
If in the external he still beats you then no. No one will get dragged down.
If you beat him and he comes second in the externals, bad luck his external mark becomes your internal mark. But then on the good side you would have beaten his external mark. So its all moderated in the end.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)