Need urgent ATAR help (1 Viewer)

jathu123

HSC
So im in year 10 right now and doing accelerated course in earth and environmental science. Before I even chose it, they said it will be interesting and will help us in other sciences such as physics, bio, etc. Well, they were right as we did learn about evolution (bio) but I do not find ees really interesting. Because of this I got 85 in trials and came second. My atar aim is to get 95+ and I dont think I will get it with a score like 85.

The queestion is, I know that only the top 10 units of subjects counts towards ATAR, so imagine I get 85 in maths extension 2, and get 87 in EES, does that mean maths extenstion 2 won't count in the ATAR? I love maths and it is really high scaling right? I really don't want this to happen so please help me. If this is the case, then I should drop it today, before next term.

Another queston is, Does maths extension 1/2 counts as 1 subject or 2 subjects?

Thank you very very much

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
It goes

Mathematics (2 unit)

Extension 1 Mathematics(includes mathematics) (3 unit)

Extension 2 Mathematics (4 units)

Hope that helps?

tonysoprano

HSC
It will count your best subject, so if Math is going to benefit your ATAR more, it will count Math so dw.
Also, just because you got an 85 raw in trials, doesn't mean you're not gonna go well in HSC. Trials are usually harder than HSC, and also, that's a raw mark. Check the raw mark database to see what that aligns to.

sharoooooo

HSC
Maths would probably be chosen over EES since Maths scales more.
And Maths Ext 1 and Maths Ext 2 count as two subjects (since two separate exams)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)