How would estimations work? (1 Viewer)

FightingSmile64

HSC
So our cohort did our business exam where an individual didnt sit the exam due to stress. The person is getting an estimation. However at this was the trials and work alot it was a hard exam. Most people didnt think they did well and it jsust seems unfair that the person can just get an estimate based on the individual other results which in this case is strong 90 percent plus.

So how do schools do estimatations. Do they look just at past results? Coz the individual is like 2nd in class maybe even first now after many people didnt do too well. Is this unfair to you?

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
So our cohort did our business exam where an individual didnt sit the exam due to stress. The person is getting an estimation. However at this was the trials and work alot it was a hard exam. Most people didnt think they did well and it jsust seems unfair that the person can just get an estimate based on the individual other results which in this case is strong 90 percent plus.

So how do schools do estimatations. Do they look just at past results? Coz the individual is like 2nd in class maybe even first now after many people didnt do too well. Is this unfair to you?
I'm guessing the method of estimation used varies between schools (and probably even between different subjects/departments in a given school). Maybe ask your teacher for that subject what method of estimation would be used.

Last edited:

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Schools have their own policies for estimation e.g. at my school a student has to be exceptionally ahead of the cohort to be estimated into first place. Normally the school places them with a mark the fits in with their rank in relation to the other students on the task so this student would be given an estimation that would see them remain in 2nd place at my school - but as has been pointed out - schools are free to use their professional judgement with estimations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)