quick question about assesment marks vs externla (1 Viewer)

duhdevitt

HSC
Example bio is my worst rank : 32/44 in a rank 40 school
assesment one: 39/50 (rank 32) 30%
half yearly: 75/100 (rank 11) 10%
Assesment three: 44/50(rank 32) 30%

so from those marks i screwed up the hand ins but when it comes the exams im near the top. so my question is, in the hsc, my mark is in the 90's do i still get the 32nd highest mark.

Thanks

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Your school assessment mark will be the 32nd highest assessment mark for your school. (This may not be the 32nd ranked actual mark due to moderation)

You will keep your own exam mark.

They will then average those two marks for the final HSC mark.

duhdevitt

HSC
Your school assessment mark will be the 32nd highest assessment mark for your school. (This may not be the 32nd ranked actual mark due to moderation)

You will keep your own exam mark.

They will then average those two marks for the final HSC mark.
So does the assesment mark get moderated based on my external mark because wouldn't it be BS if I have a 90-95 external but like a 70 internal

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Your internal marks gets moderated with your entire cohort not just your external mark.

As you didn't do as well internally you will end up with a lower internal mark but one that reflects where you came in your cohort internally.

As the internals are 50% of the final mark and are designed to allow student who do not shine in exam situations to show what they can do this is seen as a fair system.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)