What hsc marks are given to the school/teachers? (1 Viewer)

Renko

HSC
Once the board releases our results, it will show our moderated internal mark and the external exam mark averaged to give the final hsc mark.
I think the school is given that final hsc mark, but how much will they know? Will they also be able to see our external marks, both raw and moderated?

astroman

HSC
I don't think your school get's any of your results from your HSC since they are legally your's only, but you can share them if you want, i'm not 100% sure though.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Schools get:

You moderated internal mark (and a reminder of the mark that was sent in), your aligned HSC mark and the average mark.

They do NOT get your raw marks or your ATAR.

As they have also worked hard to teach you it is only fair that they get the same marks that you get.

They are also given some other statistics relating to things like MC - e.g. say 90% of the state answered a MC question correct the school will also be told what percentage of students at the school were correct so the school might be told that 95% of their students answered that question correctly. They are NOT told which of their students were correct just the percentage.

Schools are always trying to improve their teaching and so having the marks etc is a way of assessing their performance and highlighting subjects, teachers etc that might be needing more guidance or ones that are doing an excellent job.

jono_jonoson

HSC
I don't think your school get's any of your results from your HSC since they are legally your's only, but you can share them if you want, i'm not 100% sure though.
They definitely get something. I think they get your final mark and examination and Moderated internal assesment)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)