What happens to first place?? (1 Viewer)

qwert73

HSC
If first, second and third place are all within less than 1% of each other will 1st get the top mark, 2nd place get the second highest mark and 3rd place get the third highest mark, or will 2nd and 3rd place be given the marks they get in the final exam.

Also if there is a large gap(like 4+ marks) difference between the final exam marks (HSC exam) of these people, will first place still get the highest mark even if 2nd or 3rd place beat them in the test.

thank you :)

TalkTakesTime

HSC
1) Assuming you're talking about overall internal ranks (not trial ranks), then 1st will get the top INTERNAL mark (assessment mark), followed by 2nd with the 2nd highest internal and so on. The internal mark is determined by the external mark (final exam) e.g. if 97 is the highest mark achieved by any member of the cohort in the external exam, that becomes the highest internal mark which is awarded to the person coming 1st internally.

2) First will not necessarily have the highest OVERALL HSC mark as that is the average between your external and internal mark. If 2nd or 3rd beat them in the test substantially and the gap between 2nd and 3rd internally isn't too big then 2nd or 3rd can beat 1st.

I think this is right, but I'm hoping a second opinion can back me up here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)