questions on prelim (1 Viewer)

fwwwaaahhh

HSC
my subs are ext 1 maths, adv english, physics, chemistry, economics + 1u of religion (dropping) - im in year 11 grad in 2016
Q's
1. do prelim results count towards year 12?
2. out of my subjects does a lot of content cary over into year 12 that i must know? (except maths and english obf.)
3. Do institutions look at year 11 marks/ranks
4. can HSC/trials assess year 11 content in terms of phys, chem or eco extensively.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
1. Preliminary results don't count in year 12
2. Economics graphs some of the concepts carry over, Physics a bit carries over, and chemistry balancing equations carries over.
3. Some institutions/universities do look at year 11 marks if you are applying for early entry/certain scholarships
4.HSC 30% of year 11 mathematics can be tested. But pretty much content starts afresh,and will(should) not form an extensive component of examinations/assessments.

fwwwaaahhh

HSC
lol so pretty much if i fucked up year 11 i can still get a good atar? like year 11 is almost a practice run as such?

Flop21

HSC
lol so pretty much if i fucked up year 11 i can still get a good atar? like year 11 is almost a practice run as such?
Year 11 is just like year 7-10. Except they are your "preliminary HSC", so yeah you have to pass and not get n awards to get your HSC end of next year, because you are required to complete prelim in year 11 if you want your HSC.

Your ATAR is calculated via your HSC results (which come from your HSC / year 12 internal exams + external exams). So that doesn't include prelim.

Take advantage of it though. Use it to see what study method suits you and all that jazz.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)