URGENT: What subjects to drop? (1 Viewer)

hughwot

HSC
Hi everyone,
By this Friday I must hand in my note containing which subject I am wanting to drop. I am deciding on whether to drop General Mathematics or Visual Arts. I find General Mathematics at the moment boring and see the majority of it irrelevant to me and it isn't one of my strong subjects. On the other hand there is Visual Arts which seems more interesting for me and I believe that when it comes time to the HSC I will have a better outcome in Visual Arts rather than General Mathematics. However my issue is that because I am also doing Metal Technology if I decide to keep Visual Arts then I will have two major works to complete. I already have plans for both but I'm not certain whether to keep General Maths or Visual Arts. I have already completed the yearly exam for Visual Arts and found it a lot easier in comparison to General Mathematics. I am also wanting to go to university and study Economics, Accounting or something related to Business.

My question is that if I decide to carry on with Visual Arts and drop General Mathematics will it affect me from being able to choose a university course relating to Economics or Accounting? Will having two major works be too much to handle and be too risky to do?

Interested to hear you peoples opinion as well as what you would do.

CaptainKhan

HSC
Personally, I'd drop Visual Arts. If you're wanting to go to university and do a degree in economics(or something similar) some form of Mathematics is better than none at all. If you're stuck between dropping visual arts and another subject and you end up keeping it. Odds are, you're probably not going to enjoy doing a major work for the subject. Doing major works and doing them well depends on how you handle your time and the subject. If you're not going as well, or aren't enjoying General Mathematics that much, speak to you're teachers. Explain the situation, see if they can help.

astroman

HSC
Personally, I'd drop Visual Arts. If you're wanting to go to university and do a degree in economics(or something similar) some form of Mathematics is better than none at all. If you're stuck between dropping visual arts and another subject and you end up keeping it. Odds are, you're probably not going to enjoy doing a major work for the subject. Doing major works and doing them well depends on how you handle your time and the subject. If you're not going as well, or aren't enjoying General Mathematics that much, speak to you're teachers. Explain the situation, see if they can help.
bit late now...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)