How to cope with ATAR failure (1 Viewer)

jono_jonoson

HSC
Just wanting to know from past students who have received an ATAR that does not match the cutoff for their course (by a very small amount), and how they coped with this.

I need a 90 ATAR for my course and I'm really scared I'll fall short somewhere between 89.5 - 90

Just want a heads up of how to deal with this / prepare for this, so I'm not totally ruined if this happens to me. I know there is nothing much you can do but move on but is there anything that will make the disappointment easier?

vitamin D

HSC
Nah, cause the course i need is like 95, and I can get 5 bonus points but then I need at least 90 ATAR.
study your hardest for HSC man, not much you can do and "expecting failure" is not a good attitude. Try your best and if you dont make it, go to another uni and transfer

iforgotmyname

Metallic Oxide
HSC
advanced science at unsw? you can internally transfer to Adv science after 1 year i think.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Just wanting to know from past students who have received an ATAR that does not match the cutoff for their course (by a very small amount), and how they coped with this.

I need a 90 ATAR for my course and I'm really scared I'll fall short somewhere between 89.5 - 90

Just want a heads up of how to deal with this / prepare for this, so I'm not totally ruined if this happens to me. I know there is nothing much you can do but move on but is there anything that will make the disappointment easier?
Yep. Think about it rationally. If you know that you tried your hardest and did not slack off , it will make it easier for you.

Just don't be too hard on yourself.

Last edited:

Flop21

HSC
Yep. Think about it rationally. If you know that you tried your hardest and did not slack off , it will make it easier for you.

Just don't be too hard on yourself.
Yeah, so try your absolute hardest right now. You should really be thinking about this after HSC exams, because you've still got time to be studying.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)