Indecision (1 Viewer)

CANNSWAU

HSC
I am considering dumping Legal Studies in favour of Senior Science. I currently rank 2nd in Legal Studies and am interested in this subject but I am also interested in Senior Science because of the content, but also the possibility of getting the same or higher marks with lesser risk and workloads. I currently do Biology and rank 1st or 2nd (there's about ½ a mark in it) and I got about 2nd/3rd during Y10 Science where I had a mix of subjects like Senior Science does. I am aware that Senior Science scales badly but my teacher says I would blitz the test.

I am also considering moving from 2U Mathematics to General. I got 7th in the class and was not far behind 6th & 5th but my Prelim test did not go very well. Again my teacher says that I would get a Band 6 in General, but I am not sure. I feel that I am able to learn concepts in the lesson, but always forget a small but crucial element in test conditions, whereas this would not be a problem in General. The only course that is under my consideration that requires Maths is Business.

Thoughts on dropping to General and switching to Senior Science?

Sorry for the essay, thanks for your time

iforgotmyname

Metallic Oxide
HSC
Don't get Baited into doing General maths/senior science. The scaling is not worth it.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Planning on doing commerce/engineering/science? Then I'd probably recommend you stick with mathematics.

I also think you'd be better of sticking with legal, because there is no guarantee that you'll actually go really well in senior science.

CANNSWAU

HSC
Planning on doing commerce/engineering/science? Then I'd probably recommend you stick with mathematics.

I also think you'd be better of sticking with legal, because there is no guarantee that you'll actually go really well in senior science.
I am considering law, social science, business and communication

atargainz

HSC
In my experience schools like to tell students to drop to subjects like senior science to get more band 6's so they can advertise the school better. In reality it would not benefit your atar as you are doing very well in legal studies atm.

haysheet

HSC
I hope my response isn't too late.

General maths and senior science are never worth it.

They will simply kill your atar due to terrible aligning and scaling.

If you're smart/studious enough to do well in these subjects, you're better off picking better aligning/scaling subjects.

I hope this helps.

CANNSWAU

HSC
I hope my response isn't too late.

General maths and senior science are never worth it.

If you're smart/studious enough to do well in these subjects, you're better off picking better aligning/scaling subject

I eventually decided to keep legal but drop down in Mathematics. I talked to the HT Administration (who is also a maths teacher) amongst other relevant people who advised that I have a HIGHER CHANCE considering my current results at reaching my goal with Gen Maths (also due to the fact that if Maths were a person, I'd set it alight)

Thankyou for all your comments!

PS. You were too late

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)