Can i atleast get into UWS (engineering)? (1 Viewer)

ihatehsc

HSC
N/A
Alright guys. I really want to do civil engineering at UTS which requires an atar of 91/92 and with my ranks i really doubt i can directly get into it directly but i put it as my first option with applied physics as second and Civil at UWS as my third. My back up plans are do applied physics then internal transfer to civil/do civil at uws then external transfer to civil at uts. I currently do
Phyiscs rank: (10/15)
Chem rank: (11/15)
Mathematics rank: (24/27)
Standard English rank: (39/98)
Economics rank: (8/14)
School rank: 198

I also get 5 bonus points and the cut off is 70 so i at least need 65. Is UWS(WSU) lenient? Im really really stressing out so please help me. Civil engineering is my dream, ive always wanted to be one. I've had personal problems through out the past year which really affected my performance . I know i still got the hsc to go but i want some sort of hope to help me :( thank you

iforgotmyname

Metallic Oxide
HSC
I dont think Engineering at UTS is that high considering UNSW/USYD has cutoff of around 91 and you also get bonus marks and feas in UNSW.

And looking at your ranks you should get around 80-85 atar

Last edited:

ihatehsc

HSC
N/A
Cut off at UTS for civil is 91ish but at unsw and usyd i think its higher than that. Omg really? That really gives me a lot of motivation!!! I know i gotta pick my maths and english up (first task me bought me down) but i came like 20th in trials for english, just disappointed with maths and chem. Physics all the marks between the ranks are really close together. Thank you so much though!

iforgotmyname

Metallic Oxide
HSC
LOL no, UNSW is 91.05 straight without consideration for bonus points/feas. If it was any more higher I would be losing my shit right now lol

astroman

HSC
uts gives a shit ton of bonus points, you get about 3 from filling the questionaire, upto 10 bonus from inpUTS, band 5's and 6's also get 2 bonus points each, and then you have other circumstances like being disadvantaged. Also, UWS will take anyone.

ihatehsc

HSC
N/A
Oh wow that sounds really hard hahaha! I believe in you :D good luck man thanks alot btw

ihatehsc

HSC
N/A
Do you know when the questionnaire is due? Im gonna try fill it in asap. Some of the questions i have trouble with haha. UWS will take anyone is that 100% legit? Like im seriously worried if i bomb out and get like 50-60 i won't get in.

astroman

HSC

ihatehsc

HSC
N/A
Thank you so much! And thank god for that lol. Got them as third pref

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)