What is the rough raw mark for English Advanced band 6? (1 Viewer)

sweetalmond

HSC
N/A
Hi,
I'm a bit confused about raw marks for English in external exams and for other subjects for that matter. Just did paper 1 today and my time management really impacted on my ability to do well in the essay and I found the creative tricky so I'm hoping to scrape a B range for those two and hoping to get in A range for reading as I spent 60 bloody minutes. I'm still grieving.

If the English paper is out of 105 does that mean we have to get at least a 95/ 105 to get have a chance at a band 6. Or can you get lower, like 85 - 90 for example and will it get moderated up??. My internal ranking is 8th out of about 110 - 120 people and my school is ranked around 70-80.

In trials for English Advanced though my raw mark was 79 and I was ranked 2nd and the highest mark was about 81 which was ranked 1st.

That goes for other subjects. For example in modern history, say your internal mark was 75 and then you get a raw mark of 85 for example in the external exam will that get scaled up or is that only if other people around you all do well?? I'm just so confused. Mainly with the raw mark in the external HSC exam. Because for example if throughout the state, people didn't perform so well in certain sections will they moderate it due to a bell curve, that requires a certain number of people to get a band 6. So confused..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)