This alignment can't be real. (1 Viewer)

TQuadded

Breaking the limits.
HSC
So my goal is an ATAR over 90.00.

I predict that my absolute minimum mark (for whatever reason) in the HSC on average for all subjects is 75% raw. (You'd agree that that's pretty low, right?) Using rawmarks.info, I did some average alignment, and even took the lower averages just to see the worst case scenario.

Not considering that I ranked first for all and considering that I ranked 5/9 in English, it ended up with me getting:
ADV ENG - 75 (no hope expected from cohort, dragged down from 85)
BIOLOGY - 86
CHMSTRY- 89
ADV MTH - 89
PHYSICS - 86
(I'm not counting extension because for it to have an impact a raw of ~70% is needed, and even then it's insignificant.)

Putting these into an ATAR calculator gave me ~90.25.

This can't be real.

EDIT: This is so effed, I boosted it up to 80% raw and it gave me an additional 4 ATAR.

Last edited:

Flop21

HSC
IT is dragging me down.

Look at this... 93 in bio > 98.90 ATAR equivalent... 95 in industrial technology > 89.60 ATAR equivalent. I don't get how aligning works.

If I get 85 in english, 85 in math, 93 bio, 90 business, 95 industrial technology = 92 ATAR. I'm really unsure what my english and math mark will be though because they are REALLY dependent on my class, and I have no idea how they went (hopefully good, otherwise RIP).

TQuadded

Breaking the limits.
HSC
IT is dragging me down.

Look at this... 93 in bio > 98.90 ATAR equivalent... 95 in industrial technology > 89.60 ATAR equivalent. I don't get how aligning works.

If I get 85 in english, 85 in math, 93 bio, 90 business, 95 industrial technology = 92 ATAR. I'm really unsure what my english and math mark will be though because they are REALLY dependent on my class, and I have no idea how they went (hopefully good, otherwise RIP).
Those marks are way too high and give too low of an ATAR. What?

I expect my English cohort to drag me down, but they most probably wont drag me down as much as I predict. Even with these marks, we only have a difference of 2 ATAR? That can't be right.

Flop21

HSC
Those marks are way too high and give too low of an ATAR. What?

I expect my English cohort to drag me down, but they most probably wont drag me down as much as I predict. Even with these marks, we only have a difference of 2 ATAR? That can't be right.
I'm guessing your chem + physics are pulling you up or moreso my lack of chem and physics (higher scaling subjects) pulling mine down.

Business isn't that bad, but still not as good as chem or physics, and Industrial technology like I said is fucking awful (you can get 100 in it and that would be like a 96 ATAR equivalent).

I'm really scared for my math + english mark due to the whole dependence on cohort thing (since I'm ranked 4th and 6th respectively).

TQuadded

Breaking the limits.
HSC
I'm guessing your chem + physics are pulling you up or moreso my lack of chem and physics (higher scaling subjects) pulling mine down.

Business isn't that bad, but still not as good as chem or physics, and Industrial technology like I said is fucking awful (you can get 100 in it and that would be like a 96 ATAR equivalent).

I'm really scared for my math + english mark due to the whole dependence on cohort thing (since I'm ranked 4th and 6th respectively).
Nah you can get it no doubt. I'm sure the top 6 people would want a high ATAR badly, so don't worry so much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)