In Annual school reports, what are the average marks indicative of? (1 Viewer)

malcolm21

HSC
N/A
Are they the unweighted hsc mark? the aligned mark? And is it the median or mean, or something else? Because I'm smack bang in the centre of the grade for a subject and I don't know what mark range I would be looking at

crowley926

HSC
Wouldn't it be average report mark for your school in that semester/school year? Sometimes they're aligned, sometimes not it depends on the faculty (well in my school anyway).

How do you know you're smack bang in the centre if you don't know the range?

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
Wouldn't it be average report mark for your school in that semester/school year? Sometimes they're aligned, sometimes not it depends on the faculty (well in my school anyway).

Maybe malcolm21 means "in the centre" as in rank-wise.

malcolm21

HSC
N/A

Im the middle in ranking, also the report gives the average for the rest of the state too so I'm assuming it's not the internal mark

D94

HSC
N/A
Your school report is unique to your school. Whatever mark is shown is up to your school.

Flop21

HSC
They mean nothing. It's just a piece of paper your school gives you, unique to your school. My school doesn't even give assessment marks in reports.

They are just used to calculate your rank within your class.

malcolm21

HSC
N/A

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)