10 units (1 Viewer)

sly chan

HSC
Hello everyone,

I am just currently doing 4U maths, ESL, physics, biology, chemistry. I am wondering would you drop to 10 units so you have more time to focus on all subjects you keep? If yes, what subjects would you drop? I personally enjoy biology and I do quite well in the first assessment for 4U. I like my chemistry teacher and sometimes I cannot fully understand physics concepts, but I know physics scales the best and some people say physics is more useful if I am doing a science degree in future

Thank you

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
Well dropping one to give yourself more time to study imo only works if you actually find yourself short on time and know you'll actually use the time to study and not bludge and stuff.

Sorry I can't help with what subject you should drop and all but I'm sure someone will pop around and help you some more soon enough

leehuan

HSC
Hello everyone,

I am just currently doing 4U maths, ESL, physics, biology, chemistry. I am wondering would you drop to 10 units so you have more time to focus on all subjects you keep? If yes, what subjects would you drop? I personally enjoy biology and I do quite well in the first assessment for 4U. I like my chemistry teacher and sometimes I cannot fully understand physics concepts, but I know physics scales the best and some people say physics is more useful if I am doing a science degree in future

Thank you
Actually, the trend is that with scaling, chemistry is typically better.

I don't regret only doing 10 units. But if you're gonna do 10 you have to feel confident that it will maximise your ATAR, as well as you won't mess up ANY HSC exam.

And, personally I think chemistry would be more useful if you choose a science degree (note: hard to find jobs with it). It's more like if you know you want a physics major then keep physics.

porcupinetree

not actually a porcupine
HSC
Hello everyone,

Thank you
I recommend doing 10 units; if you're finding physics the most difficult, then perhaps consider dropping it. Also, talking to your teachers may help

sly chan

HSC
I don't want to be a physics nor an engineer, I incline more to biochemical and medical field, so is it better to keep biology rather than physics?
P.S. I find biology easier than physics, and my school biology teacher is better than the physics teacher

Thank you

leehuan

HSC
You've given plenty of evidence to suggest that dropping physics is the way to go.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)