Yet another question about mark moderation! re: top of bad cohort (1 Viewer)

eating

Wannabe COMP god
HSC
Alright, I just want confirmation on this specific scenario.

For one subject, I am in a small class (~10 students) and am well above everyone else in both theory knowledge and tasks. The top three students try, but the rest play Solitaire and Wikipedia-surf the whole time, with one kid in particular who doesn't even hand in assignments and browses Tumblr the whole time and probably can't drop the subject.
TL;DR: Expecting a horrible cohort mark but high personal internal and external marks.

Even if I am top of the pack (eg. if I end up with internal rank 1, external score 1 in cohort), will the others drag me down hard?

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
Alright, I just want confirmation on this specific scenario.

For one subject, I am in a small class (~10 students) and am well above everyone else in both theory knowledge and tasks. The top three students try, but the rest play Solitaire and Wikipedia-surf the whole time, with one kid in particular who doesn't even hand in assignments and browses Tumblr the whole time and probably can't drop the subject.
TL;DR: Expecting a horrible cohort mark but high personal internal and external marks.

Even if I am top of the pack (eg. if I end up with internal rank 1, external score 1 in cohort), will the others drag me down hard?
No, if you're top of both internal and external, then the others in your cohort don't affect your score at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)