Is it possible to get a 98++ ATAR without any extensions or ESL ? (1 Viewer)

aruna5va

HSC
I have the subjects -

Mathematics 2U
Physics 2U
Chemistry 2U
Biology 2U
Standard English 2U

I know it is possible to get a 99 ATAR with these subjects, but generally do people get such ATAR with these subjects ? Do I have to take high scaling subjects to get a decent ATAR ? I wanna study engineering and my average is 84% (I know this is crap please don't troll me) I need an ATAR of at least 95 to get into the top universities and I was getting 97's in India but after returning to Australia I have not been able to cope due to too many assignments.

aoc

HSC
Its possible to get 99+ with any combination of subjects i think and your subjects in particular are high scaling (except for standard eng. try switching to eng adv.)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Yes it is possible.All your subjects seem to have decent scaling too.

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
Good selection. Work hard and you'll achieve your ATAR :)

champion03

HSC
It is possible but extremely unlikely. You always have a chance, but with subjects like standard english and bio, you're going to have to ace everything.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
It is possible, but the fact you chose standard english instead of Advanced English will make your job a lot harder than otherwise
As a side note, if you wanted to study engineering in uni, you should have taken 3 unit or 4 unit maths-because engineering in uni is a very mathematically demanding course, and bridging courses sometimes don't cut it-->often too little time to absorb and understand a lot of new content.... but anyways too late now, but just focus on your HSC, don't worry too much and just try your best :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)