11 units? (1 Viewer)

balletchique

HSC
So I am thinking of doing 11 units, but I not sure how this works in the HSC. Can the 1 unit subject be used as a backup subject, like if I were to chose 12 units?

The subjects I have chosen are:
- Advanced English
- Extension English
- Mathematics General 2
- Business Studies
- Legal Studies
- PDHPE

D94

HSC
N/A
UAC uses your best 10 units with a compulsory 2 units of English. Each subject is split into 1 unit, so say English Advanced is two 1 units, and English Extension is one 1 unit.

So after UAC performs their scaling, they select your best 10 units. It could very well be that say only 1 unit of PDHPE is used since it happened to be your worst unit (for example).

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Also you will be required to have a minimum of 12 units in year 11.

Reactions: D94

Martin_SSEDU

HSC
It definitely can be used as a backup unit but for perspective I did 11 units aswell and the balance was whether my economics would count completely or whether my extension english would count as 1 unit.

Even though I got 44/50 for ext 1. my economics counted for the full 2 units where I got 86%.

Although, since your doing PDHPE if you do end up struggling and not getting a great mark they may count your ext 1 english. I'd say just do it since the extension unit is pretty fun anyway :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)