Can I get a 96 ATAR with Standard English ? (1 Viewer)

aruna5va

HSC
my subjects are
Mathematics 2U
Physics 2U
Chemistry 2U
Biology 2U
Advanced English 2U

I desperately need the 96 ATAR for the course I wanna get in. When I put some marks in an ATAR calculator it tells me it is possible to get 96 . But everyone tells me it is impossible to get a <90 ATAR with Standard English, is it true ? I want to do Standard since its easier and I believe it will therefore allow me to score higher. My result in Advance English is very poor only 72% whereas in Year 10 English I got 98% :lol: (even I dont know how). So if i go down to standard and even get a band 6 will I still not get a 96 atar ? (considering I do accordingly well in my other subjects)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Aligning (proportion of individuals receiving band 6s,5s,4s) etc is a lot better for Advanced rather then Standard.

Both have a similar level of difficulty, and you will be better of sticking with Advanced for ATAR reasons.

But is possible to get 96+ with Standard.

MrKay

HSC
Aligning (proportion of individuals receiving band 6s,5s,4s) etc is a lot better for Advanced rather then Standard.

Both have a similar level of difficulty, and you will be better of sticking with Advanced for ATAR reasons.

But is possible to get 96+ with Standard.
Like what BLIT2014 said, it is possible to get 96 in ATAR but you will have to work your ass off and get VERY, VERY high in standard. With advanced being reasonably around the same difficulty as standard, and the huge benefit that advanced scales better, your 72% in English Advanced is still very feasible to get a 96 ATAR; also if you put in some extra effort, an around 80% english advanced mark will for certain get you a 96 ATAR (assuming you do reasonably well in your other subjects lol). And if you are still worried about your english mark not being strong enough, if you're still in yr11 there's very little reason to drop to standard anyway.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
It is definitely possible :) I recommend having a talk with Drifting! He killed the HSC with Standard English (...and maybe even with General Maths)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)