ATAR scaling for general math & standard english vs advanced (1 Viewer)

oliverc_

HSC
Hey there,

I'm a current year 11 student and it is coming up to the time my schools offering changes in subjects and I was wondering what exactly I should do.
I'd like to get the highest atar I possible can, regardless of what that is I have courses I would like to do from the 80s-90s but of course I'd like the choice once I finish high school and get my life together a bit.

I'm currently studying standard english, general math, biology, business studies, ancient history and community and family studies.
Next year I will be dropping CAFS and picking up extension history, but I'm worried about how my ATAR is going to end up if I continue with general math and standard english.

My average marks for this year in my subjects (excluding CAFS) and with a lowish amount of study are:
English: 90
Math: 88
History: 98
Biology: 92
Business studies: 93

So basically I'm looking to pull off a highish mark in ext history to cover a unit next year, but how well will I end out if i really put my all into my current subjects? or should i switch some out.

I really appreciate any advice as its been on my mind for a while now.

Thanks

trecex1

HSC
They both scale really low and standard english alone is more than likely going to drag your atar down by a lot.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
You can a "good" ATAR with that combination of subjects.

Consider looking at topscores and maybe give us your ranks in respective subject.

Or look at previous cohorts performance in external HSC exams.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
They both scale really low and standard english alone is more than likely going to drag your atar down by a lot.
The major difference is in aligning for Standard compared to Advanced English not scaling.

oliverc_

HSC
Consider looking at topscores and maybe give us your ranks in respective subject.
English 5th
Biology 2nd
History 1st
Math 3rd
Business 2nd

Let's say I finish next year with a 94 in English standard is that worse than getting an 84 in advanced?

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
The highest ATAR you can theoretically get is still 99.95.

janbroodryk

HSC
N/A
Does anyone have any up to date info on General maths aligning? The raw marks database only had two results from 2013. What do you think a 93 RAW would align to?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)