I Flunked My Internals (1 Viewer)

AKraken

HSC
Hi guys

I wasn't motivated during school and I really fucked up my internals. I'll list my subjects and the marks for every assessment to give you an indication of how terrible i was.

Advanced English:
A1: 66%
A2: 52%
A3: 51%
A4: 67%

General Maths:
A1: 43%
A2: 11%
A3: 35%
A4: 7%

Ancient History
A1: 20%
A2: 13%
A3: 3%
A4: 23%

Legal Studies
A1: 55%
A2: 51%
A3: 33%
A4: 45%

Business Studies
A1: 78%
A2: 54%
A2: 59%
A4: 57%

As you can clearly tell, I disliked maths and ancient history and put no effort in whatsoever thus essentially failing the entire course. Business studies was my strongest subject alongside english. I mostly put effort in English due to it being mandatory, but in business studies I talked a lot of shit in my assessments and exams so I didn't work to my full potential, but it remains as one of my strongest subjects regardless.

I don't know what my final internal mark for my subjects are, and I don't know how its calculated so I'm preparing myself that they'll be 30-60 and nothing more. I was told that the final school mark is added to the hsc exam mark and divided by 2 thus producing the final hsc mark for that subject which will be used to calculate the atar. Assuming my ancient history internal mark is like 30% (idek) but i smash the hsc exam it'll be 30+80=110/2=55. My final hsc mark for almost all my subjects will basically be 40-60 which is not enough to get anything higher than an atar of <30.

Based on my knowledge of how the atar and moderation works (which im not even sure is correct) im led to believe that no matter how hard I try in my HSC exam my atar is pretty much going to be <30 and if not, just barely getting a 37 atar or some shit.

I want to buckle down and smash the HSC exams but i feel like there's no reason to do so other than the fact that it'll show high exam marks on my academic transcript because my atar will be terrible regardless. I'm not worried about university as I've already eyed out a pathway, but I just want any information on this whole moderation bullshit. Am I screwed no matter how hard I smash my HSC exams?

Flop21

HSC
Hi guys

I wasn't motivated during school and I really fucked up my internals. I'll list my subjects and the marks for every assessment to give you an indication of how terrible i was.

Advanced English:
A1: 66%
A2: 52%
A3: 51%
A4: 67%

General Maths:
A1: 43%
A2: 11%
A3: 35%
A4: 7%

Ancient History
A1: 20%
A2: 13%
A3: 3%
A4: 23%

Legal Studies
A1: 55%
A2: 51%
A3: 33%
A4: 45%

Business Studies
A1: 78%
A2: 54%
A2: 59%
A4: 57%

As you can clearly tell, I disliked maths and ancient history and put no effort in whatsoever thus essentially failing the entire course. Business studies was my strongest subject alongside english. I mostly put effort in English due to it being mandatory, but in business studies I talked a lot of shit in my assessments and exams so I didn't work to my full potential, but it remains as one of my strongest subjects regardless.

I don't know what my final internal mark for my subjects are, and I don't know how its calculated so I'm preparing myself that they'll be 30-60 and nothing more. I was told that the final school mark is added to the hsc exam mark and divided by 2 thus producing the final hsc mark for that subject which will be used to calculate the atar. Assuming my ancient history internal mark is like 30% (idek) but i smash the hsc exam it'll be 30+80=110/2=55. My final hsc mark for almost all my subjects will basically be 40-60 which is not enough to get anything higher than an atar of <30.

Based on my knowledge of how the atar and moderation works (which im not even sure is correct) im led to believe that no matter how hard I try in my HSC exam my atar is pretty much going to be <30 and if not, just barely getting a 37 atar or some shit.

I want to buckle down and smash the HSC exams but i feel like there's no reason to do so other than the fact that it'll show high exam marks on my academic transcript because my atar will be terrible regardless. I'm not worried about university as I've already eyed out a pathway, but I just want any information on this whole moderation bullshit. Am I screwed no matter how hard I smash my HSC exams?
Depends on your ranks, actual marks don't matter. Whoever gets your internal rank in the HSC, you'll get that mark. So it depends on them and how shit the rest of your class is. If you all work really hard, you might get a much higher mark.

AKraken

HSC
I have my ranks for all of my subjects as per my semester 2 report here they are:

Advanced English: 9/21
General Maths: 16/38
Ancient History: 15/18
Business Studies: 2/11
Legal Studies: 10/17

I'm ranked very high in Business Studies, but also ranked terribly in Ancient History. I go to a school where students don't bother, especially in General Maths, it's my worst subject, but I'm ranked 16/38.

So with ranks like these and a HSC exam mark of 70-80 for every subject would I be able to score an atar that's NOT <30?

Zoinked

Beast
HSC
I have my ranks for all of my subjects as per my semester 2 report here they are:

I'm ranked very high in Business Studies, but also ranked terribly in Ancient History. I go to a school where students don't bother, especially in General Maths, it's my worst subject, but I'm ranked 16/38.

So with ranks like these and a HSC exam mark of 70-80 for every subject would I be able to score an atar that's NOT <30?
Yes. However, I'm skeptical you'll be able to receive 70-80 in your exam marks. Give it your best go though!

AKraken

HSC
I've already accepted that my ATAR is going to be terrible, I just don't want it to be TOO terrible (<30)

Guess I'll just give the exams my best and move on with my life.

Flop21

HSC

Easy. Study hard, practice past HSC exam papers, see how you go.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)