English Standard vs Advanced (1 Viewer)

DragonShox

HSC
N/A
Hey i've been wondering if it's better for me to swap from english standard to advanced due to the insane down scaling on standard english. My average mark for standard is 70%. Is it better for me to stay in standard english and get a 70 scaled down? Or to move to advanced and get(most likely) x mark scaled down? Pretty much which one would get me the high mark. I know that i will still get scaled down in advanced getting x mark but not sure if it's the same, worse or better than a 70 in standard.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Hey i've been wondering if it's better for me to swap from english standard to advanced due to the insane down scaling on standard english. My average mark for standard is 70%. Is it better for me to stay in standard english and get a 70 scaled down? Or to move to advanced and get(most likely) x mark scaled down? Pretty much which one would get me the high mark. I know that i will still get scaled down in advanced getting x mark but not sure if it's the same, worse or better than a 70 in standard.
Go to advanced

The aligning for standard is absolutely trash (less than 1% of the state get a band 6) compared to advanced (approximately 10%)

DragonShox

HSC
N/A
Thanks for the advice. What mark do you think i'll get in advanced before and after scaling when i'm getting 70 in standard?

tazmim

HSC
advanced has a little bit more work than standard and a lot more deciphering when it comes to Shakespeare

But you are most likely to get the same mark as you did in Standard. if youre struggling, best you stay in STD. if its the interests of the texts that does influence your mark, read and skim through the prescribed texts in adv

i went to standard to kick off workload and hated being 40/90 in ADV. Also 2U Maths is getting crazy in my school so theres that as well. the advanced cohorts getting 65 here and there for me so not worth a risk.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
A lot of people make the regret of dropping from Advanced to Standard, mainly because they realise it's the same stuff but Standard aligns horribly. They also think that if they drop from advanced, it'll guarantee better results

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)