Subjects!!!! (1 Viewer)

study01

HSC
Hi guys

for prelim, I know my first 9units but Im not sure what to do as my extra.

so far there is:

3u maths (4u y 12)
phys
chem
english adv. (I have put extension 1 so that I dont have 13u (odd amount) cause its too much workload- although english is not my strongest subject and i'l probably drop in y 12)

And a choice of

1. Eco
2. Ancient
3. Engineering

what do ya think. I dont think ill enjoy eco too much. I already do commerce and am comming (1st)- dont even study that much. Ancinet (coming second- really intersting altough takes toooo much time) and engineering (i dont know, scaling is bad but might help with sceinces)

let me know what ya think

EMKsquared

HSC
By the sounds of it you'll probably drop one of the subjects anyways in year12. I dont think you should go ancient, unless you really like it. Eco and engineering are good choices, i did both in prelim but i naturally enjoy engineering more. Engineering is a decent subject and scaling isnt that bad, considering its marks are alligned like crazy,and a raw mark of 80 will get you a band 6. The only downside of engo is the vagueness of the syllabus. Id personally go with eco, unless your interestsd in becoming am engineer, in which case defiantly go with engo, ive heard it helps alot. And a final note, engineering carries minimal help to sciences, only 1 or 2 minor things carry over to physics and Chem but its defiantly not worth doing a whole subject for it.

Zamura1

HSC
N/A
If you are doing ext 1 English solely because you don't want an odd 13 units, when BOSTES take final marks they divide 2 unit courses into 1 units. For example they may only take half of your chem results. It really doesnt matter if you have an equal amount of units.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Commerce =/= Economics. In fact, I would say Commerce was more Legal Studies disguised as "Commerce" in Year 9/10. However, Economics can be a little boring if you don't really have an interest in Business-y subjects.

Doing an odd number of units doesn't matter - I wouldn't bother doing English Extension I if you admit to not being good at it. EXI requires not only strength but a pretty undying passion for English. And to add to that, the workload is huge. I was exhausted from morning MXI and then afternoon EXI during my preliminary.

I do see a lot of Physics students do the Physics-Engineering combination. Although I have no insights on Engineering.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)