Just some advice im sure has been asked a million times. TIPS ON STUDYING. (1 Viewer)

medicalscientist10

HSC
Hey guys. I am currently in year 11 week 2. I haven't been the best of students in previous years although now i really want to do good. It might not sound reasonable but i want to achieve an atar above 90. Can i get some tips on studying and note taking in class. Based on the subs im doing of course. I am doing Mathematics General, Advanced English, Biology, Chemistry and Business Studies. I am going to drop Modern History in year 12. Thank you guys.. Really appreciate it.

turntaker

HSC
Consistency is everything in my opinion. Better to do less but do it each day

boredofstudiesuser1

HSC
Hey guys. I am currently in year 11 week 2. I haven't been the best of students in previous years although now i really want to do good. It might not sound reasonable but i want to achieve an atar above 90. Can i get some tips on studying and note taking in class. Based on the subs im doing of course. I am doing Mathematics General, Advanced English, Biology, Chemistry and Business Studies. I am going to drop Modern History in year 12. Thank you guys.. Really appreciate it.
I'm not sure your reasoning behind it, but I would recommend you don't think about what you're going to drop yet and instead go into this year open to whatever the outcome is. You might realise Modern is going really well for you and might be your saving grace if you're not doing so well in Chem or Bio.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
As turntaker said, be consistent instead of overloading a few days with study. Just do a few hours a day instead of 7-8 hours on a couple of days. Also, the dux of 2016 in our school said in his speech, "every minute you waste now is a minute you have to make up closer to the HSC", so don't waste holidays leading up to year 12 and also weeks leading up to exams.

medicalscientist10

HSC
how is it you guys who get atars above 90, keep up with all the work? i find its quite a large amount of work being dumped on my back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)