HSC Progress Log 2017 (1 Viewer)

stopcrying

HSC
Thought the user 'Rathin' had a good idea with this! Making this to track my progress for fun!
Update: only have my marks back not ranks yet but i will edit in overall ranks when i get my half yearly report
Update 2: I got my ranks and a few things have changed regarding my goal courses
Update 3: Assessment 3 update along with changes with my hsc aims
Update 4: trial marks back!

Advanced English
HSC Aim: 90

Assessment 1 [Module C] (20% Weighting): 80%
Comment on Progress: a big step up from year 11 that's for sure! (was at the bottom 20 ranks out of 150 people cohort)

Half Yearly [Paper 1] (25% Weighting): 82%
Comment on Progress: i am satisfied with this as i am definitely on track for my goal!

Assessment 3 [Module B Speech] (25% Weighting): 90%
Comment on Progress: nice! this will definitely push me into the band 6 range of my school

Trial [Paper 1](15% Weighting): 87%
Trial [Paper 2](15% Weighting): 88%
Comment on Progress: quite happy with this although i got 10/15 for creative which rekt me. i was expecting much lower so.. im satisfied! i think i can get a band 6!

Overall Rank : 28/159
HSC MARK ACHIEVED: 90!!!​

Legal Studies
HSC Aim: 92

Assessment 1 (20% Weighting): 80%
Comment on Progress: somehow managed to cram this last minute... so i ended up losing most of my marks on the multiple choice....

Half Yearlies (25% Weighting): 92%
Comment on Progress: Absolutely smashed this! With this i am on track to get a band 6 and surpass my goals!

Assessment 3 (25% Weighting): 92%
Comment on Progress: the two highest people got 96% , the next highest were people who got 92% like me! im pretty happy, ive really gotten a hang of this subject now.

Trials (30% Weighting): 85%
Comment on Progress: Damn i quite disappointed. i got 12/20 for multiple choice AHHHH. i just needa pick up my game in that area i guess!

Overall Rank: 7/40
HSC MARK ACHIEVED: 92​

Modern History
HSC Aim: 90

Assessment 1 (20% Weighting): 76%
Comment on Progress: This actually was really disappointing.. i knew all the content and got 100% in multiple choice but my writing style failed me.

Half Yearlies (20% Weighting): 82%
Comment on Progress: alright so this is probably my worst subject (possibly neglect it quite a bit) but at least it's better than last term..always improving! And i am fairly sure this is still in the mid band 5 range for my school so i'm on track

Assessment 3 (30% Weighting): 88%
Comment on Progress: Despite being much better than my other assessments, im actually pretty disappointed due to the amount of effort i put into this and also the fact that it was apparently marked easy. ahh well

Trials (30% Weighting): 93%
Comment on Progress: oh my god, somehow my WORST subject i got this.... damn you can just see thr progress from my first assessment. i am VERY happy with this.

Overall Rank: 10/37
HSC MARK ACHIEVED: 88​

Advanced Mathematics
HSC Aim: 95

Assessment 1 (20% Weighting): 99%
Comment on Progress: Super happy with this considering i only got high 80s in year 11

Half Yearlies (25% Weighting): 88%
Comment on Progress: alright so i kind of stuffed this up compared to last test.. BUT i have improved quite a lot in my other subjects! i cannot be not too annoyed.. i will have to pick up my game to get that 95 final subject mark!

Assessment 3 (15% Weighting): 98%
Comment on Progress: im very happy! although it was an easy test an alot of people got high marks

Trials (40% Weighting): 97%
Comment on Progress: AWESOME

Overall Rank: 9/121
HSC MARK ACHIEVED: 96​

Mathematics Extension 1
HSC Aim: 46

Assessment 1 (20% Weighting): 83% Rank 38/90
Comment on Progress: made some really silly mistakes in this test... but im fairly satisfied as i am maintaining around the same rank as year 11. Hoping to push into top 30s

Half Yearlies (25% Weighting): 88%
Comment on Progress: funny how i got more in extension than advanced.. anyways i am very happy with this i am well within the E4 range in my school with this mark! :skip:

Assessment 3 (15% Weighting): 91%
Comment on Progress: pretty happy i achieved my goal of 90% in a 3unit test! will continue to work hard

Trials (40% Weighting): 80%
Comment on Progress: damn. disappointing but lets not get too beat up over it.

Overall Rank: 24/80
HSC MARK ACHIEVED: 44​

Society and Culture
HSC Aim: 95

Assessment 1 (20% Weighting): 95%
Comment on Progress: This subject along with maths is kind of a relief to do. Glad i chose it!

Half Yearlies (20%? Weighting): 88%
Comment on Progress: It's a step down from my assessment 1 but i am still fairly satisfied. i am effectively around the same rank still and i am on track to get at least a band 6!

Assessment 3 (30% Weighting): 100%
Comment on Progress: YEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Trials (40% Weighting): 92%
Comment on Progress: very nice

Overall Rank: 2/19
HSC MARK ACHIEVED: 94​

School Ranking: Rank 32 (2016)

ATAR AIM/Top 5 Preferences in order:
95 (USyd B. Commerce) :thrust:
80 (USyd B. Science)
-----------The two above is my main two, likely wont choose the ones below--------
93 (USyd B. Advanced Computing)
90 (Usyd B. Engineering)
90 (Usyd B. Economics)

ATAR: 97.05

Last edited:

Mathew587

HSC
Its interesting how you are kinda happy with your marks or atleast a little bit satisfied. For me even if I do good I am never satisfied. Dunno if this is a bad thing or a good thing.
Mate it's good and you know it.
Now go study :p

stopcrying

HSC
Its interesting how you are kinda happy with your marks or atleast a little bit satisfied. For me even if I do good I am never satisfied. Dunno if this is a bad thing or a good thing.
I 100% think that's a good thing to never be satisfied if it means more motivation and 'hunger' to do even better :guitar:

The reason i'm kinda happy is mostly to do with how my marks project into the Atar i want! Whilst i aim for 95 atar (for B Commerce), i am very confident in myself in at least getting 90 atar (for B Economics). And this is without factoring in EAS! If my aim was to do law or actuary or something id be definitely less satisfied.

si2136

HSC
N/A
Good luck! Looks like you're reaching your goal step by step!

You just want to do a straight Commerce? No double degrees?

stopcrying

HSC
Good luck! Looks like you're reaching your goal step by step!

You just want to do a straight Commerce? No double degrees?
Thank you very much! i hope you reach your goals too :).

Yeah straight Commerce or Economics but i plan to double major in: Finance/Accounting or Finance/Economics respectively

Mathew587

HSC
Not related to the OP post but do you guys feel that economics requires a lot of memorising but not rote learning as per say. I'm honestly very unsure about economics because I expect it to all link up quite easily and for the content to be easy for me to memorise but is it like chemistry or business where memorisation is vital for some parts i.e. roles of chemists, fermentation, influences...

Thanks man :) Sorry for intruding progress log but yeh I just had a thought.

Good luck btw :D You look like you're very much on track :0 WAYYY better than me ^^)

Mathew587

HSC
Not related to the OP post but do you guys feel that economics requires a lot of memorising but not rote learning as per say. I'm honestly very unsure about economics because I expect it to all link up quite easily and for the content to be easy for me to memorise but is it like chemistry or business where memorisation is vital for some parts i.e. roles of chemists, fermentation, influences...

Thanks man :) Sorry for intruding progress log but yeh I just had a thought.

Good luck btw :D You look like you're very much on track :0 WAYYY better than me ^^)
kk dw

stopcrying

HSC
updated for trials. overall im quite satisfied. although i did do less than i wanted in 3unit maths and Legal Studies, ive significantly improved in my other subjects! im happy

stopcrying

HSC
Final Comments: If i told my 15 year old self that modern history would be my worst subject and id get a band 6 in english.. he'd look at me like i was crazy.

What a journey. I'm so thankful that i worked my ass off throughout the year because my internal marks saved my lackluster performance in the hsc exams! I got comfortably into commerce and was invited to be a Dallyell Scholar! (since its 98+ i think it could possibly be because i received E12 and am economically disadvantaged or something). It was a cool ride and im so excited for the future!

For any future HSCers out there who happen to stumble upon this log: do your research and look around all these forums for fantastic people and study tips and persist throughout the whole of year 12! Before year 12 i would've thought id barely scrape a 90 atar but here i am achieving (i would at least say) a pretty great atar!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)