99 atar without math? (1 Viewer)

lolmichelle

HSC
Hello :)

After (finally) dropping maths midway of year 11, the subjects I am now doing are as follow :

- chemistry
- biology
- ancient
- modern
- extension english

= 11 units.

My atar goal is above 99. Currently, im doing well in all subjects, coming top 10 out of a grade of 410 (huge i know). Just wondering if anyone who did similar subjects was able to achieve this atar or if you have any idea about how i can actually get 99? any help at all is heaps appreciated

Thank you!! :))

Michelle

Zoinked

Beast
HSC
If you are consistently getting 90%+ (preferably 95%+) you can definitely get a 99 atar without maths. It will be hard though (getting 99 with maths is hard as well) so you'd best study your arse off and do well.

lolmichelle

HSC
righto, so all that talk about "doing maths pushes up your atar because everyone who does 2u/3u is smart and so you get a higher atar" is wrong??

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
righto, so all that talk about "doing maths pushes up your atar because everyone who does 2u/3u is smart and so you get a higher atar" is wrong??
Who said that? You still generally need to do well in a subject to get a high ATAR with it. It's just that you may not need such a high raw mark to do so if it has good scaling.

jodongo

HSC
There's a girl called Natalie Buckett who got 99.95 with just English Advanced and Extensions and some languages... without maths.

si2136

HSC
N/A
There's a girl called Natalie Buckett who got 99.95 with just English Advanced and Extensions and some languages... without maths.
Languages typically scale more than maths.

jodongo

HSC
But the Maths Extensions are the highest scaling subjects...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)