Advice for textbook types (1 Viewer)

dabatman

HSC
N/A
Hi everyone,

I am thinking of which textbooks to buy for year 12, but I have no clue of what textbooks to buy.

Can anyone tell me which textbooks that the top selective schools, state rankers and people who have achieved a band 6 used?

I am purchasing books for the following subjects:
- Mathematics
- 3 Unit Mathematics
- Chemistry
- Physics
- Economics

Thanks in advance guys, much appreciated! :haha:

Mathew587

HSC
- Mathematics
Cambridge and terry lee are both excellent.
This book is also great for 2u-
http://www.phoenixeduc.com/shop/item/hsc-maths-practice-questions

- Chemistry
Crossreference between conq chem and chem context and state rank notes i.e. from sherman siu. Excel for hsc qs

- Economics
Dixons book is an excellent allrounder and Rileys is also a great way to summarise and for essays. But as economics requires quite a bit of analysis, a tutor will be a great idea.

Goodluck:)

blackbird_14

HSC
Consider getting past paper books too- I found them more useful than textbooks to reconsolidate knowledge

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Hi everyone,

I am thinking of which textbooks to buy for year 12, but I have no clue of what textbooks to buy.

Can anyone tell me which textbooks that the top selective schools, state rankers and people who have achieved a band 6 used?

I am purchasing books for the following subjects:
- Mathematics
- 3 Unit Mathematics
- Chemistry
- Physics
- Economics

Thanks in advance guys, much appreciated! :haha:
Maths + 3u = Fitzpatrick, Coroneos
Chemistry = I've heard Conquering chemistry is good I don't do chem though
Physics = Physics in focus

dabatman

HSC
N/A
thanks everyone, though I was given advice by a friend to use jacaranda for physics and chemistry. Is it good?

30june2016

HSC
Uni Grad
thanks everyone, though I was given advice by a friend to use jacaranda for physics and chemistry. Is it good?
my school uses conquering chem which is quite good but jacaranda chem was decently useful for one of the dot points (batteries)

otherwiseeee

you can always borrow it from a library if you want to consolidate what you know
//textbooks = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
I've used it for physics for school it's pretty good but it's got quite a bit of unnecessary information, so cross check with band 6 notes to see what's useful.

Snowflek

HSC
I have conquering chem and tbh, I find that it has many unnecessary information in it. But overall, its still pre good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)