Is there hope for me? (1 Viewer)

sleep-deprived-skye

HSC
After all this time I may have finally 'woken up'. With my third and final (excluding trials) round of internal assessments over, it has come to my attention that a remarkable portion of my HSC has actually been completed, and my results haven't been too good. You always here stories about people taking a fall and bouncing back but how many falls until I am no longer able to achieve the ATAR I set for myself at the start of Year 12?

Enough rambling, I'm aiming for a 90/91 (although for my first preference course I need 88.5) and here are my rather shocking averages:

English Advanced: 65% (either last or close to 52/52)
Legal Studies: 75% (my ranking dropped from 3rd to 26th after one assessment)
Modern History: 80% (ranked 10/16)
History Extension: 65% (ranked 6/10)
Mathematics: 65% (ranked 64/112)
Visual Arts: 70% (ranked 20/26)

In terms of my school, its state ranking fluctuates around 90-110.

Yeah, I've screwed up, but I still have my VA body of work and history extension project (weighting 80% of my internal mark) + trials + HSC. If I work extremely hard, do you think I can still crack 90?

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
It's not impossible, but very difficult and would require a lot of work, but in saying that you still have a chance because the HSC exam is 50% of your overall mark and you still have some assessments remaining at school to improve your assessment mark. You need to focus on English a lot though because that seems to be your biggest issue at the moment, but the rest its not that unrealistic to move up a few ranks if you do well in future assessments.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)