Trials mark ≈ HSC mark?

Snowflek

HSC
Hey all! Quick question, is the trials mark like an estimation of how well one does in the HSC? Lets say for a school in the rank 130ish

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
You can always improve between trials and HSC and the exam would be different. I guess it could give you an estimate of how you're doing so you can improve.

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
it can give you an estimate, but you can't really rely on it even if it's a good mark, because the marker might have been lenient or hard compared to the HSC and the time between trials and HSC for subjects like English especially you should still improve your essays and knowledge because others will be doing so in that time period too.

mmm345

HSC
From my understanding, the hsc and trial has the possiblity of being marked diffrently( obviously depending on your school).

Also importantly to this fact, your trial mark from school will be your mark/100, but the hsc exam mark, is your raw mark(mark/100) alinged to performanve band cut offs. Therfore you could get a 82/100 in trial and get 82% for your trial, but in the hsc you could get 82/100, but be alinged to 89 ( hypotetically) due to performance band cutoffs set by markers.

Therfore,your trial mark is useful to gauge where your at, but in my opinion, it isnt a true reflection in comparision to the exam mark you will recieve when you get your results back

andrew12678

HSC
Trials marks really depend on schools themselves and how hard/easy they want to mark you, at my school I guess the marks were pretty similar now that I think about it-I've shared them below if you're interested (I bought back some of my HSC papers so I know the raw marks)

English Trial: 100/105 vs English HSC RAW: 96/105
Physics Trial: 90/100 vs Physics HSC RAW: 92/100
Chemistry Trial: 85/100 vs Chemistry HSC RAW: 94/100

(I didn't buy back my maths so I'll never know)

ellora1609

HSC
i think with trials the most important learning curve is rather not the marks you get, but the way in which you prepared leading up to the trials exams. Your study patterns during this time will be a good indicator of what you need to alter throughout the HSC prep.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)