Does failing the school assessment tasks scaled me down? Help plz!! (1 Viewer)

Ceicilia

HSC
I fail most of my assessment tasks, even the half yealy one, got around 30%-40%, passing 2 exam with more than 60%, and i only have 2 assessment tasks left with trial exam. But i am worried that the failling tests will scaled me down for the ATAR, because i aim to get 84 ATAR, and i worried that it too late for me to scaled up everything, no more chance for me to get 84 ATAR even if i did good in trial and HSC exam. Can anyone help me please, is it impossible now?

Snowflek

HSC
Don't worry, just calm down. In most schools, Trials + HSC exam account for about 80% of your ATAR. If you think you didn't do too well in your previous internal assessments, just buckle down, study smart, do well in the Trials + HSC, and i'm sure you'll get that 84. I believe in you :)
Sadly for me, my science trials are 25% lol...

Ceicilia

HSC
Don't worry, just calm down. In most schools, Trials + HSC exam account for about 65% of your ATAR. If you think you didn't do too well in your previous internal assessments, just buckle down, study smart, do well in the Trials + HSC, and i'm sure you'll get that 84. I believe in you :)
Thank you :D :spin:

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I think it is always possible to achieve a good result at the end, but realistically speaking, you need to acknowledge that failing exams and only getting 30%-40% showed a significant lack of understanding of the content. (Unless those exams were absurdly hard and the average is a bare pass). Whilst it is good to be optimistic, it is also important to be a bit realistic-by all means do try your best, but be prepared that what you have achieved this year so far has consequences, i.e. there is always a possibility you don't get 84 ATAR, but the most important thing is to really study now and have a back up plan if you don't get that ATAR. Not getting your ideal ATAR is not the end of the world, but not having a back up plan is, there is always more than one way to get to where you want in life. I suggest you keep an open mind of alternate options and I wish you all the best for the rest of your exams.

Ceicilia

HSC
I think it is always possible to achieve a good result at the end, but realistically speaking, you need to acknowledge that failing exams and only getting 30%-40% showed a significant lack of understanding of the content. (Unless those exams were absurdly hard and the average is a bare pass). Whilst it is good to be optimistic, it is also important to be a bit realistic-by all means do try your best, but be prepared that what you have achieved this year so far has consequences, i.e. there is always a possibility you don't get 84 ATAR, but the most important thing is to really study now and have a back up plan if you don't get that ATAR. Not getting your ideal ATAR is not the end of the world, but not having a back up plan is, there is always more than one way to get to where you want in life. I suggest you keep an open mind of alternate options and I wish you all the best for the rest of your exams.
Thank you for your advice, i will have to face the reality :wavey::headbang:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)