kind of failed my half yearlies. chance of good atar? (1 Viewer)

Glitter Cake

HSC
im in year 12 i didn't do so well in my half yearlies i failed 3 (english 38%, maths 31% food tech 40%) and passed 3
(science 69%, ancient history 65%, french around 70%) . i'll admit i was lazy and didnt study alot but after i got my report i "woke up" and motivated and i am studying for my upcoming trials. if i ace the trials and hsc will my atar be high? like a 80-90+ . btw i do general maths 1 now so i won't do the exams and it won't be counted in my atar as its my weakness. has anyone who already did the hsc did bad in half yearlies but did good in trials and final exams and end up with a high atar? let me know. my atar goal was 90+ but now im hoping for 80+. my school is ranked 261.

thank you

andrew12678

HSC
im in year 12 i didn't do so well in my half yearlies i failed 3 (english 38%, maths 31% food tech 40%) and passed 3
(science 69%, ancient history 65%, french around 70%) . i'll admit i was lazy and didnt study alot but after i got my report i "woke up" and motivated and i am studying for my upcoming trials. if i ace the trials and hsc will my atar be high? like a 80-90+ . btw i do general maths 1 now so i won't do the exams and it won't be counted in my atar as its my weakness. has anyone who already did the hsc did bad in half yearlies but did good in trials and final exams and end up with a high atar? let me know. my atar goal was 90+ but now im hoping for 80+. my school is ranked 261.

thank you
Really depends on

1. Your cohort
2. How hard your exams actually are relative to the rest of the state's schools (my those HY percentages aren't too bad if the exam is just really hard)

So as these factors are kinda out of your hands, just try your best. 80-90 atar is certainly not out of reach atm

Neil_

HSC
Same boat as you, I didn't go good for some subjects in the HY. I'm hoping to bounce back, second trials are coming soon for us. good luck

Glitter Cake

HSC
Really depends on

1. Your cohort
2. How hard your exams actually are relative to the rest of the state's schools (my those HY percentages aren't too bad if the exam is just really hard)

So as these factors are kinda out of your hands, just try your best. 80-90 atar is certainly not out of reach atm
is the cohort the bands (like band 4) i never understood. and did you actually get a 99.95? thats impressive. do you have advice for passing english?

andrew12678

HSC
is the cohort the bands (like band 4) i never understood. and did you actually get a 99.95? thats impressive. do you have advice for passing english?
Lol do you not believe me?? So cut </3

I don't know what a pass means to you since it's relative to different people but to get a B6 in English you just need to put in work and know how to adapt your generic essays.

Glitter Cake

HSC
Lol do you not believe me?? So cut </3

I don't know what a pass means to you since it's relative to different people but to get a B6 in English you just need to put in work and know how to adapt your generic essays.
i do haha. its hard to get that atar.
to me i would say a pass is over 50.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Stop looking for other people's inspirational story to assure you, create your own by getting your act together and just study and do your best. It is always possible that someone did bad in half yearlies, and did well in the trials and HSC, but even if they did, it doesn't mean you will as well. Stop worrying about the what ifs, because it is just going to be time-wasting, paranoid-inducing and unproductive to your actual goal of doing better in your trials and HSC.

Not meaning to be harsh, but slacking off during the HSC has consequences. If you had slacked off too much, you will have to accept the consequences and have realistic goals, i.e. it might be unrealistic to suddenly expect you will top your trials and HSC. So work hard, but have a plan B if things don't work your way, best of luck.

Glitter Cake

HSC
Stop looking for other people's inspirational story to assure you, create your own by getting your act together and just study and do your best. It is always possible that someone did bad in half yearlies, and did well in the trials and HSC, but even if they did, it doesn't mean you will as well. Stop worrying about the what ifs, because it is just going to be time-wasting, paranoid-inducing and unproductive to your actual goal of doing better in your trials and HSC.

Not meaning to be harsh, but slacking off during the HSC has consequences. If you had slacked off too much, you will have to accept the consequences and have realistic goals, i.e. it might be unrealistic to suddenly expect you will top your trials and HSC. So work hard, but have a plan B if things don't work your way, best of luck.
You are right. For me reading other peoples story gives me hope and i will try to do my best.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)