Biology
Physics
Ancient History
Mathematics 2 unit

Mathew587

HSC
If I were to do the HSC again, I'd do these things:

Pick up tutoring early for subjects I'm unsure about i.e. English, Math

For english and history, I would do practice essays and responses every week and hand them in. I KNOW THIS SOUNDS LIKE A LOT but 52 essays is a lot better than 3 essays done 2 weeks before trials. Everytime you finish a module, do essays on that i.e. at the start of the year, do 1 essay a week for AOS, 2 essays a week once you finish mod A and so on.

Do work everyday. For a 99+ atar you HAVE TO do work every day. HAVE TO. Especially if you know you're not as smart as others.

Pickup a sport or extracurricular activity i.e. I do hockey and it's a great way to relax

EITHER make your own notes or find some really good notes for your subjects i.e. sherman siu has great notes

and most importantly, don't burn out and don't freak out. I did both by the end of term 1 and I suffered from that in term 2. I actually go to the school counsellor from time to time because of personal issues.

And if you don't get the atar... dw it's alright. A 99+ is still great lol!! ;)

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
― Norman Vincent Peale

edit: i won't get a 99.95 but i'm sure that if i knew the above facts at the start of year 11, things would be wayyy different.

Willyson_

HSC
Unfortunately, tutoring isn't an option due to monetary issues.

Will this set me back a lot?

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC

No it won't just work hard. 1st in the state for 4 unit maths 2015 didn't even have 4 unit tutoring so it's all about hard work.

Jaxxnuts

HSC
N/A

I think a good substitute for tutoring would be the following

1. Videos on NSW HSC subjects
2. Past papers (lots of them can be found at THSC)
3. A dedicated teacher who is willing to look over your responses for English, the sciences, humanities, etc

highshill

HSC
If I were to do the HSC again, I'd do these things:

Pick up tutoring early for subjects I'm unsure about i.e. English, Math

For english and history, I would do practice essays and responses every week and hand them in. I KNOW THIS SOUNDS LIKE A LOT but 52 essays is a lot better than 3 essays done 2 weeks before trials. Everytime you finish a module, do essays on that i.e. at the start of the year, do 1 essay a week for AOS, 2 essays a week once you finish mod A and so on.

Do work everyday. For a 99+ atar you HAVE TO do work every day. HAVE TO. Especially if you know you're not as smart as others.

Pickup a sport or extracurricular activity i.e. I do hockey and it's a great way to relax

EITHER make your own notes or find some really good notes for your subjects i.e. sherman siu has great notes

and most importantly, don't burn out and don't freak out. I did both by the end of term 1 and I suffered from that in term 2. I actually go to the school counsellor from time to time because of personal issues.

And if you don't get the atar... dw it's alright. A 99+ is still great lol!! ;)

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
― Norman Vincent Peale

edit: i won't get a 99.95 but i'm sure that if i knew the above facts at the start of year 11, things would be wayyy different.

Thank you so much for excellent advise, don't loose hope you can achieve it too, you've got trial and until October to prepare, give it your best go

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)