suject selectionn (1 Viewer)

kiwie

HSC
would i be able to get a decent atar, say a 90-80 ATAR if im doing standard english, 2unit advanced maths, bio, chem, geography, textiles and design?

btw im planning to change textiles and design to physics, so i would be doing all 3 sciences? im not sure though, because its hard for me to get my head around concepts and such.. would physics be hard with 2U advanced maths?

Thank you!

Lumenoria

HSC
Well theoretically, you could attain any atar with any combination of subjects - provided you put in the amount of effort necessary. I can't speak for sciences, but people generally advise against taking all three sciences because the content can be overwhelmingly difficult to comprehend. But, physics maths shouldn't involve extraordinarily hard maths. Also, I wouldn't consider 2u Advanced maths a 'hard' subject. It's relatively straightforward, though I suppose this depends on your natural mathematical ability. Did you enjoy physics in Year 10? Only do it if you think you'll genuinely enjoy it, otherwise you're just setting yourself up for failure. I learnt this the hard way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kiwie

HSC
Well theoretically, you could attain any atar with any combination of subjects - provided you put in the amount of effort necessary. I can't speak for sciences, but people generally advise against taking all three sciences because the content can be overwhelmingly difficult to comprehend. But, physics maths shouldn't involve extraordinarily hard maths. Also, I wouldn't consider 2u Advanced maths a 'hard' subject. It's relatively straightforward, though I suppose this depends on your natural mathematical ability. Did you enjoy physics in Year 10? Only do it if you think you'll genuinely enjoy it, otherwise you're just setting yourself up for failure. I learnt this the hard way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i liked physics in yr 10, but its the fact that the hsc exams may fall on the same day that im iffy about. I would be fine if it was three straight days with 1 science exam each day, so that there would be at least one day before the exam to revise on everything ive studied. but i heard my school puts bio and phsyics exams on the same day.

blackbird_14

HSC
i liked physics in yr 10, but its the fact that the hsc exams may fall on the same day that im iffy about. I would be fine if it was three straight days with 1 science exam each day, so that there would be at least one day before the exam to revise on everything ive studied. but i heard my school puts bio and phsyics exams on the same day.
Geo's a little different to the other sciences, it more closely resembles the social science syllabuses. One of my friends did bio, chem and geo, and she did well (in your atar range).
If you've got exams on the same day, you've got to study properly, and suck it up. For me, Music 2 and English Paper 1 fell on the same day for me in trials and HSC. Your subject choices should not be based on an exam timetable!

kiwie

HSC
Geo's a little different to the other sciences, it more closely resembles the social science syllabuses. One of my friends did bio, chem and geo, and she did well (in your atar range).
If you've got exams on the same day, you've got to study properly, and suck it up. For me, Music 2 and English Paper 1 fell on the same day for me in trials and HSC. Your subject choices should not be based on an exam timetable!
Thank you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)