Do internal marks affect your ATAR? (1 Viewer)

xulander

HSC
I'm really confused.

About 2 weeks ago I got my school assessment mark for English (72) and my rank: 98/141.

Will my internal moderated assessment mark be 72 (scaled if my school did good/bad) or the mark of the person who came 98th (e.g. 65)?

And also, do you guys think I can at least get a mid Band 5 if I get a raw mark of above 85 in the actual HSC exam?

Lumenoria

HSC
It will be of the person who came 98th externally (after the process of moderation and all that ofc)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D94

HSC
N/A
I'm really confused.

About 2 weeks ago I got my school assessment mark for English (72) and my rank: 98/141.

Will my internal moderated assessment mark be 72 (scaled if my school did good/bad) or the mark of the person who came 98th (e.g. 65)?

And also, do you guys think I can at least get a mid Band 5 if I get a raw mark of above 85 in the actual HSC exam?
Your mark will be adjusted to reflect how your mark of 72 compares with your peers, and how your cohort performed in the exam. Read this: http://community.boredofstudies.org/461/atar-hsc-marks/352981/ranks-my-final-marks.html#post7186547

Your moderated mark might be close to the 98th exam mark, but that's only if the spread of your school marks is consistent with the spread of the exam marks.

Your final mark is dependent on both your exam and assessment mark. Mid Band 5 should be possible if the rest of your cohort does relatively well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)