PAST STUDENTS: Below average internal marks but high ATAR? (1 Viewer)

xulander

HSC
I was just wondering if any past students get below average internal ranks but still managed a 90+ ATAR?

I go to a school ranked between 25-40 and I do Adv. English, Chem, Economics, PDHPE, 2U Maths and 3U Maths.

I'm ranked below average in everything except 2u and PDHPE.

If any past students managed this, could you please write your internal ranks and the approx. ATAR you ended up getting?

andrew12678

HSC
I was just wondering if any past students get below average internal ranks but still managed a 90+ ATAR?

I go to a school ranked between 25-40 and I do Adv. English, Chem, Economics, PDHPE, 2U Maths and 3U Maths.

I'm ranked below average in everything except 2u and PDHPE.

If any past students managed this, could you please write your internal ranks and the approx. ATAR you ended up getting?
Really depends on the school...if you were below average at mine you would still comfortably get 98+

xulander

HSC
Really depends on the school...if you were below average at mine you would still comfortably get 98+
my school's usually ranked 25-40. according to our year coordinator we're the best year group in a while so we should be ranked 20-30 this year at least

D94

HSC
N/A
my school's usually ranked 25-40. according to our year coordinator we're the best year group in a while so we should be ranked 20-30 this year at least
Bet they said that for last year's cohort as well.

Median would probably be around 90. You should aim for above the median.

xulander

HSC
Bet they said that for last year's cohort as well.

Median would probably be around 90. You should aim for above the median.
yeah i think i need to preform really well in the externals (like top 10-20% for each of my subjects in school) to get 90+

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)