Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Snowflek
  • 1 Post By Mathew587

Thread: Can someone please help me with my HSC, life and atar atm?

HSC

Unhappy Can someone please help me with my HSC, life and atar atm?

So this is the only place where i can talk about my hsc and stuff to improve basically. Can you guys tell me honestly if i could get an atar of 80+ with these results and if i cant please tell me what to do in order to achieve it. I submitted my form to UOW for early admission but i doubt they would pick me since my results are that bad.

My Trial Results:
    English Advanced: 60% (Rank 170/221)
    Physics: 56% (Rank ??? Last time i checked was 78/92 but i dont have the overall rank yet)
    Biology: 38% (Rank 79/92)[Worse subject of all my subjects]
    Maths 2U: 87% (Rank ???)
    Maths 3U: 27/70 = 38.5% (Rank ???)
    Engineering Studies: 63% (Rank 13/30??? I probably moved up since i am top 10 in this test)

So yeah guys im really feeling kinda depressed thinking i wouldnt get into biomedical engineering for uni. I need to hit an atar of 80 to get into UOW or an atar of 89+ (which i dont think i can but will try) for UTS etc. I used atar calculator from Talent100 and Atar Notes and my atar was 51-59... which is depressing. So i dont know what i can do now... i feel so demotivated. So if anyone could please guide me to an atar of 80 my ears are open to whatever you have to say.

HSC

Re: Can someone please help me with my HSC, life and atar atm?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric11588 View Post
    So this is the only place where i can talk about my hsc and stuff to improve basically. Can you guys tell me honestly if i could get an atar of 80+ with these results and if i cant please tell me what to do in order to achieve it. I submitted my form to UOW for early admission but i doubt they would pick me since my results are that bad.

My Trial Results:
    Physics: 56% (Rank ??? Last time i checked was 78/92 but i dont have the overall rank yet)
    Engineering Studies: 63% (Rank 13/30??? I probably moved up since i am top 10 in this test)

So yeah guys im really feeling kinda depressed thinking i wouldnt get into biomedical engineering for uni. I need to hit an atar of 80 to get into UOW or an atar of 89+ (which i dont think i can but will try) for UTS etc. I used atar calculator from Talent100 and Atar Notes and my atar was 51-59... which is depressing. So i dont know what i can do now... i feel so demotivated. So if anyone could please guide me to an atar of 80 my ears are open to whatever you have to say.
    It's not the end mate . Try as hard as u can for hsc. If it doesn't workout surely u can do post grad or transfer with enough gpa from another course? Aus is full of opportunities, tho ill take longer but u should be able to make it. Try your best for Hsc. If it doesn't workout then there must be graduate pathways.

HSC

Firstly, whats your school rank? Secondly, keep trying, don't dwell on these marks but use them as a guide to improve on your mistakes! I was pretty depressed myself when i got my mark but i know i cant just be depressed over it. Just keep going man, dont give up. If someone estimates your atar to be lower than what you want, don't be demoralised! Prove them wrong! Just keep going man, seriously. Believe in yourself
    Mathew587 likes this.

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by Eric11588 View Post

My Trial Results:

i'm pretty much in the same boat. good to hear i'm not the only one. i'm only above average in my school for 4 of my 11 units and my school's usually ranked 20-40. i want an atar above 90 tho.

just aim for 90 raw marks in everything and at least 80 raw in 3U. i'm doing that as well it should pull up ur atar especially if the rest of your cohort does well

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by Snowflek View Post
    Firstly, whats your school rank? Secondly, keep trying, don't dwell on these marks but use them as a guide to improve on your mistakes! I was pretty depressed myself when i got my mark but i know i cant just be depressed over it. Just keep going man, dont give up. If someone estimates your atar to be lower than what you want, don't be demoralised! Prove them wrong! Just keep going man, seriously. Believe in yourself
    grt advice! you can't do anything by dwelling on the past except move on
    Snowflek likes this.
    HSC 2017
    English Advanced, Mathematics Advanced, Chemistry, Biology, Economics, Business Studies
    Atar goal: 90+
    HSC goal: Band 6 all subjects boiii

Thread Information