shumphrey

HSC
Having a problem with my current preferences but here are my current choices

1- UNSW Bachelor of Science, ATAR 85
2- ???
3-USYD Bachelor of Science, ATAR 80
4-UTS Bachelor of Science (Biotechnology), ATAR 76.2
5-UNE Bachelor of Agriculture/Bachelor of Business, ATAR 72.55

I am unsure of what to make my second preference, my schools career adviser said to make the second preference something you enjoy doing and preferably in you first preference uni. That leaves me with a UNSW Bachelor of Biotechnology(85) or Bachelor of Medicinal Chemistry(90).

I want to make my choice somewhat reasonable (ATAR wise). I personally think I will get around 85 whereas teachers think I will get around about 90. I'm going to make an estimate of 87 between the two above.

So how competitive are the two degrees, Medicinal chemistry appeals to me more but the atar is higher, what would be the chance of getting it with an 87 (3 points below)?

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
If you think you're getting 80+ for sure then probably remove the 5th preference and add both in

shumphrey

HSC
If you think you're getting 80+ for sure then probably remove the 5th preference and add both in
yeah, i mean i like agriculture and it is interesting but I guess a broader science degree will probs be more helpful and give wider range of career prospects.

Still whats the chance of getting into a 90 atar course with 87ish

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
yeah, i mean i like agriculture and it is interesting but I guess a broader science degree will probs be more helpful and give wider range of career prospects.

Still whats the chance of getting into a 90 atar course with 87ish
The more popular the course is the less chance of getting in with 87 but I think it should be okay :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)