Is it actually possible for a mid to low ranked students to get 90+ ATAR (1 Viewer)

Xiye

HSC
Just curious, but is it actually possible for someone who is mid to lower ranked to get 90+ ATAR if they smash the externals for the HSC

Last edited:

Jaxxnuts

HSC
N/A
Just curious, but is it actually possible for someone who is mid to lower ranked to get 90+ ATAR if they smash the externals for the HSC
yes of course although it will depend on how well your cohort does in the HSC external as well (as well as how u do)

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
if your school rank is >20 you have a semi-decent change otherwise no

D94

HSC
N/A
Schools that tend to achieve 25% of Band 6s in total are likely to have a median ATAR of 90.

xulander

HSC
hey i'm kinda in a similar position. r u above average in any of ur subjects? and also what's ur school ranked?

Xiye

HSC
Above average in any subject no, not anymore I was like 8th after half yearly for English Standard but due to bias bullshit marking from my school dropped to exactly the middle of the pack, I'm ranked either the middle or the lower half of my school. But the subjects I am ranked in the bottom half are really competitive apart from Chemistry where my entire cohort flat out sucks or the test my school gives are way more difficult than other schools test.

School Rank is in the top 80s

Is there still hope of getting an Atar of around 85?

Last edited:

Mathew587

HSC
Above average in any subject no, not anymore I was like 8th after half yearly for English Standard but due to bias bullshit marking from my school dropped to exactly the middle of the pack, I'm ranked either the middle or the lower half of my school. But the subjects I am ranked in the bottom half are really competitive apart from Chemistry where my entire cohort flat out sucks or the test my school gives are way more difficult than other schools test.

School Rank is in the top 80s

Is there still hope of getting an Atar of around 85?
tbh i don't fully understand why people ask these qs...
your trial marks are done and so are your ranks. nothing is going to change them.
what's the point of someone telling you you might get an atar of 85. what are you going to do if you someone tells you you can't or can?

you'll get what you deserve just like everyone else in the state
go study
31 days left

Snowflek

HSC
tbh i don't fully understand why people ask these qs...
your trial marks are done and so are your ranks. nothing is going to change them.
what's the point of someone telling you you might get an atar of 85. what are you going to do if you someone tells you you can't or can?

you'll get what you deserve just like everyone else in the state
go study
31 days left
Exactly what Mathew said, the ranks and marks are already sent into BOSTES and theres no changing it. But what are you going to do if someone said you cant get 85? Cant just give up and not study anymore, just keep studying to maximise your atar! Goodluck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)