Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Mathew587
  • 1 Post By Snowflek

Thread: Is it actually possible for a mid to low ranked students to get 90+ ATAR

HSC

Is it actually possible for a mid to low ranked students to get 90+ ATAR

Just curious, but is it actually possible for someone who is mid to lower ranked to get 90+ ATAR if they smash the externals for the HSC
    Last edited by Xiye; 12 Sep 2017 at 9:50 PM.

HSC
    N/A

Re: Is it actually possible for a mid to low ranked students to get 90+ ATAR

Quote Originally Posted by Xiye View Post
    Just curious, but is it actually possible for someone who is mid to lower ranked to get 90+ ATAR if they smash the externals for the HSC
    yes of course although it will depend on how well your cohort does in the HSC external as well (as well as how u do)

HSC
    Uni Grad

if your school rank is >20 you have a semi-decent change otherwise no
    Free MX1 Notes: http://tinyurl.com/freeMX1notes
    B Engineering (I have no idea anymore) @UNSW IV

D94
    HSC
    N/A

Schools that tend to achieve 25% of Band 6s in total are likely to have a median ATAR of 90.

HSC

hey i'm kinda in a similar position. r u above average in any of ur subjects? and also what's ur school ranked?

HSC

Above average in any subject no, not anymore I was like 8th after half yearly for English Standard but due to bias bullshit marking from my school dropped to exactly the middle of the pack, I'm ranked either the middle or the lower half of my school. But the subjects I am ranked in the bottom half are really competitive apart from Chemistry where my entire cohort flat out sucks or the test my school gives are way more difficult than other schools test.

School Rank is in the top 80s

Is there still hope of getting an Atar of around 85?
    Last edited by Xiye; 13 Sep 2017 at 1:16 AM.

HSC

Above average in any subject no, not anymore I was like 8th after half yearly for English Standard but due to bias bullshit marking from my school dropped to exactly the middle of the pack, I'm ranked either the middle or the lower half of my school. But the subjects I am ranked in the bottom half are really competitive apart from Chemistry where my entire cohort flat out sucks or the test my school gives are way more difficult than other schools test.

School Rank is in the top 80s

Is there still hope of getting an Atar of around 85?
    tbh i don't fully understand why people ask these qs...
    your trial marks are done and so are your ranks. nothing is going to change them.
    what's the point of someone telling you you might get an atar of 85. what are you going to do if you someone tells you you can't or can?

you'll get what you deserve just like everyone else in the state
    go study
    31 days left
    Snowflek likes this.
    HSC 2017
    English Advanced, Mathematics Advanced, Chemistry, Biology, Economics, Business Studies
    Atar goal: 90+
    HSC goal: Band 6 all subjects boiii

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by Mathew587 View Post
    tbh i don't fully understand why people ask these qs...
    your trial marks are done and so are your ranks. nothing is going to change them.
    what's the point of someone telling you you might get an atar of 85. what are you going to do if you someone tells you you can't or can?

you'll get what you deserve just like everyone else in the state
    go study
    31 days left
    Exactly what Mathew said, the ranks and marks are already sent into BOSTES and theres no changing it. But what are you going to do if someone said you cant get 85? Cant just give up and not study anymore, just keep studying to maximise your atar! Goodluck.
    Mathew587 likes this.

Thread Information