flunked trials and ruined marks :( atar (1 Viewer)

zeee1999

HSC
here are my current weighted marks + rankings is it still possible for me to get a 90+ atar??

advanced english: 89.5 (1/11) , btw my mark for english was 95 before trials ughh
Society and culture: 95 (1/4)
Modern history: 80(1/13)
Chemistry: 53 (8/19) chem cohort is bad , highest mark is in 90s tho
Biology: 84 (2/12)

these marks arent good i procrastinated really bad around trial time and pretty much only had a day each to study for society, biology and modern , which obviously wasnt ideal and is shown through my marks. I know my atar is about 83 at the moment but can it become a 90+????????????? btw i know my chem mark is horrendous its my worst subject i hate and dont study for it much

Last edited:

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
Nor sure about ur school rank but your ranks are pretty good overall apart from chemistry. Don't worry about the actual value of your internal mark for ilke all the subjects you are first or 2nd in, that mark literally means nothing when you get to the HSC, because they have to adjust your marks based on how your cohort performs vs the rest of the state. So for instance say you get the highest external mark of 90 in English, your assessment mark will also be adjusted to 90, so you get 90 overall, so you could technically could even have like a 70% score in internals but end up getting a 90 overall because of the adjustment. Saying that tho the reverse could happen if your school doesn't perform as well as other schools in the state.

Just study as much as you can between now and HSC and do your best and you might be able to achieve that goal

zeee1999

HSC
Nor sure about ur school rank but your ranks are pretty good overall apart from chemistry. Don't worry about the actual value of your internal mark for ilke all the subjects you are first or 2nd in, that mark literally means nothing when you get to the HSC, because they have to adjust your marks based on how your cohort performs vs the rest of the state. So for instance say you get the highest external mark of 90 in English, your assessment mark will also be adjusted to 90, so you get 90 overall, so you could technically could even have like a 70% score in internals but end up getting a 90 overall because of the adjustment. Saying that tho the reverse could happen if your school doesn't perform as well as other schools in the state.

Just study as much as you can between now and HSC and do your best and you might be able to achieve that goal
my school rank is really bad like 300 or something however the assessments they give are not easy its merely the quality of my current cohort is is not so good with only about 25 kids give or take who are a exception.I dont see how it is fair that the school someone attends can impact their atar :(

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
my school rank is really bad like 300 or something however the assessments they give are not easy its merely the quality of my current cohort is is not so good with only about 25 kids give or take who are a exception.I dont see how it is fair that the school someone attends can impact their atar :(
Don't worry, if you're like 1st or 2nd in a subject the cohort won't really affect you at all. There was some guy before on these forums from like a 300 ranked who got 99.9

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)