Drop Business or Eco HSC? (1 Viewer)

Karldahemster

Student
HSC
So I will be picking up EXT 2 maths for the HSC and need to drop a subject so that I don't have 14 Units.

Ranks:
Business Studies - #1 or #2 (haven't got yearlies back yet)
Economics - #1 or #2 (haven't got yearlies back yet)

I am aware that economics scales better. However, I feel like my teacher may lack a bit of depth which may lead to some issues with doing external exams (1 band 6 in the past 7 years). Whereas in Business Studies the teacher is better and the subject is basically wrote learning a textbook anyway so you hardly need a teacher (1-2 band 6s/year).

Does business really scale that badly compared to economics?

Thanks

aze1wusuhk

HSC
Difference in scaling between Business and Economics (assuming you get the same mark for Business and Eco) diminishes as the marks increase. Business and Economics begin to scale fairly close to each other when the marks exceed 90. For instance, 80 in eco scales significantly better than 80 in business, but 95 in eco doesn't scale much better than 95 in business. If you're confident in getting over 90 in business, I would suggest drop economics.

aze1wusuhk

HSC
Also, the time you need to invest in economics to get a band 6 is triple the time you need to achieve a band 6 in business.

supR

Trials are the best
HSC
Uni Grad
Aze1wusuhk has made a very valid point.
I find economics to be quite a strain, and considering you are doing 4u mathematics (Ayyy) you will want to have adequate time to allocate to that subject.

Best of luck :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)