Do you get on the honours list in the paper if you are:

1) above 90 in ur HSC MARK

or

2) above 90 in both ur assessment and exam mark

or

3) in the top 10% of the state

or

4) Other <insert suggestion here>

And to clarify, that Premiers thing, is that for 90+ in 10 units based on HSC MARKS only or assessment/exam things aswell

zemaj

1 is right for the honours list - they name list everyone who got 90+ in any subject - they then use the number of listing in that to say how well your school went.

For the premier's thing I believe it's just the HSC mark (if it's not I'm stuffed) but I don't think it would be. I wonder if they'll raise the bar this year since so many people got it by the looks of it.

-zem

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
To be in the Honours List/Merit Lists (same thing) you must get a HSC mark in the 90's for a subject. The newspapers (SMH, telegraph) state the Student name, school and the courses that they achieved 90+ HSC mark. Probable released tomorrow or on Saturday at the latest!!!

The Allrounders list are those students who got 90+ for more than 10 units!!!

kini mini

HSC
I think you can only get that online, the lists are too long

Killah33

dont they put those who got over 90 in ORDER in the state? or not...? i thought they usually did?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by Killah33
dont they put those who got over 90 in ORDER in the state? or not...? i thought they usually did?
not anymore
they used to up untill the 2000 HSC
from the 2001 onwards, they just list SURNAMES in alphabetical order

HSC
N/A
So are they going to do the whole top ten percent in each subject like they used to? That was cool!

HSC
N/A
Oh man this is cruelty.
SMH isn't publishing the honour roll today. Go to their website, so rude. they give all these teasers and then don't give us the honour roll! How could they do this!

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by countess_kalina
So are they going to do the whole top ten percent in each subject like they used to? That was cool!
What they do is, they publish a HUGE list listing everyones NAMES that got Band 6 in a subject/s, all in alphabetical order.
Eg:
SMITH, John Albert - Caringbah High School - Economics, Maths Ext.1, Maths Ext.2, SMITHERS, Matt David - Hunter High - Physics etc etc

GJ_JOE

blood brother
thanks Halba

my sister went to buy the paper (this time last year) for the honours list early in the morning and they were all already sold out!

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
if they are going to be sold out, which i think will be the case then i better wake up early to buy one at the local newsagent coz my name will be their!!! woohoo

GJ_JOE

blood brother
same here
i didn't do to well UAI-wise
but i'll have this to show off to my parents lol

kini mini

HSC
Hmmmm...name in newspaper...I dunno if I gave permission for that :confused:. Did they ever ask us? I'll be there if I did, just can't remember.

CoYLiE

Also... look in your local newspapers... cos i know that the manly daily also has in past years publish the names of students in the area that were on the honour role

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)