Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ichila101

Thread: How will my atar get affected?

HSC
    Uni Grad

How will my atar get affected?

So I didn't want to ask this question during HSC cause it would just add unwanted worry on myself but in my Math Extension class theres only two people including myself. I'm ranked 2nd out of the two of us so pretty much last. I heard that apparently the marks of 1st and Last stay unaffected and also that the person ranked 1st will take (if the person that came second had a higher mark) the 2nd's mark. The difference between both of us are minimal so say if I completely destroyed the 1st in the externals would that still mean they will take my mark?

Sorry for the weird wording just a little curious as to what would happen

Edit: just realised I titled this thread 'How will my atar get affected' when it really should be 'how will my MX1 mark be affected'
    Last edited by ichila101; 3 Nov 2017 at 5:42 PM. Reason: Have no idea how to edit the thread name

HSC

Re: How will my atar get affected?

Quote Originally Posted by ichila101 View Post
    So I didn't want to ask this question during HSC cause it would just add unwanted worry on myself but in my Math Extension class theres only two people including myself. I'm ranked 2nd out of the two of us so pretty much last. I heard that apparently the marks of 1st and Last stay unaffected and also that the person ranked 1st will take (if the person that came second had a higher mark) the 2nd's mark. The difference between both of us are minimal so say if I completely destroyed the 1st in the externals would that still mean they will take my mark?
    The person ranked first internally (your classmate) takes the highest external mark, if he got a higher external than you, he will therefore take his own external mark. Don't worry about it too much, its mx1, should do you wonders regardless if there's been a minimal difference between you 2.
    Last edited by captainneuro; 29 Nov 2017 at 12:56 PM.
    2017 HSC
    2018 Science (Neuro) at University of Sydney

HSC
    Uni Grad

Re: How will my atar get affected?

Quote Originally Posted by sabbabbby View Post
    The person ranked first internally (your classmate) takes the highest external mark, if he got a higher external than you, he will therefore take his own external mark. Don't worry about it too much, its mx1, should do you wonders regardless if there's been a minimal difference between you 2.
    Hmm, thanks for clearing that up

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    captainneuro likes this.
    MX1/2U - ADV. ENGLISH - BIOLOGY - CHEMISTRY - BUSINESS STUDIES 2017
    No

Thread Information