For atar calculators, do you type in raw or HSC mark? (1 Viewer)

aze1wusuhk

HSC
Hi :drink:

As the tittle says, for atar calculators (e.g. talent & matrix) do you guys use anticipated raw mark or HSC mark to estimate atar? The atar calculators do ask for HSC mark, but to my understanding HSC mark is not used in actual atar calculation.

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
HSC mark for the ATAR calculators (raw marks say nothing really since some years of the exams in a subject could have different difficulty). However, when uac does it they use raw marks, but obviously in that they are able to account for differences in difficulty etc

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
thanks a lot
btw if u are expecting an ATAR above 90 use the matrix calculators (they are savage as hell but more accurate than the talent 100 from what I seen and my own experience)

aze1wusuhk

HSC
Is it reasonable to assume my HSC mark is 2-3 marks higher than my raw marks:confused:? (My raw marks should be around mid to high 80s; my school ranking is 1st in esl math adv. eco & business and 3rd in biology)

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Is it reasonable to assume my HSC mark is 2-3 marks higher than my raw marks:confused:? (My raw marks should be around mid to high 80s; my school ranking is 1st in esl math adv. eco & business and 3rd in biology)
Check rawmarks.info for approximate hsc marks!

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
Check rawmarks.info for approximate hsc marks!
Also, have a look at HSCninja or top scores (since school internal ranks can be misleading sometimes to find out how many band sixes your school usually gets)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)