• The UAI Itself

Votes: 32 76.2%
  • The HSC marks which led to the UAI

Votes: 10 23.8%

• Total voters

pri

HSC
N/A
UAI is waaaay more important as thats wat ppl care about.

eg

"so what did u get for your HSC?"
"um 64 UAI but I did top the state in Hospitality"
"well thats great but your mark is a bit low"
"but but I got 90 in hospitality"
"yeh good for u"

okok thats an overexaggeration and in no way do I think hospitality is a bad subject but u get my point.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
uai if you need it for uni ... otherwise non of it really matter ... or thats what i keep telling myself ...

jennals

The UAI is important if your looking for entry into uni. I think that HSC marks are more indicative of your abilities as a student (hm). I'm gonna go with HSC marks instead.

(preparing myself for a really crap UAI) :hammer:

blake

Originally posted by pri
UAI is waaaay more important as thats wat ppl care about.

eg

"so what did u get for your HSC?"
"um 64 UAI but I did top the state in Hospitality"
"well thats great but your mark is a bit low"
"but but I got 90 in hospitality"
"yeh good for u"

okok thats an overexaggeration and in no way do I think hospitality is a bad subject but u get my point.
Pitty the UAI isn't a mark. I wish I got higher HSC marks..although I got in the 70's without doing one bit of study and on average I was over 5+ marks more than the average (not too bad for no study :))..I got a shit uai :(

Note: I only needed 61 :DDDDD

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
i agree

within a year you'll be hard pressed to exactly remember either, unless you got 100 or something.

timmii

sporadic attendee
Well u can't get a good uai without getting good hsc marks....like you can't run before u walk.

Therefore i believe you should focussing on getting the marks to get the uai. The UAI however is the one that is functional, i.e it either gets u into ur course or it doesn't, thus for the uni-going public the uai is crucial. It can also provided an ego-boost, and i'm sure is important as a livelihood-source for many a counselleor and tutor.

B

Bambul

Think of your UAI as your year 11 prelim results were. In a year from now you'll view your HSC the same way you view your prelim now.

Matter of fact I was waiting to log on and check my second semester results for uni about a week before you guys got your results. But instead of getting them 2 hours before we were told, they were sent out to our emails a whole day early!

And if you try out for any sort of academicscholarships or the like at uni then your HSC results and UAI will still count, as they will if you choose to change degree. Obviously it won't be the only thing (your uni marks will be taken into account), but there is still the possibility that you will need to use it again.

Unless you're one of those people who aren't going to uni, in which case you're probably not going to need it!

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by Bambul
Think of your UAI as your year 11 prelim results were. In a year from now you'll view your HSC the same way you view your prelim now.

Surely I can't be the only one who had reps of gossip circles circiling like vultures waiting for my UAI? They'll remember till they leave this world ;).

In a roundabout way, this repeats the point of what other people think about your results :D.

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
Originally posted by kini mini

Surely I can't be the only one who had reps of gossip circles circiling like vultures waiting for my UAI? They'll remember till they leave this world ;).
tee hee, how true that is. But notice that most of these people who will remember are older/or at least middle-aged. They have nothing better to do with their lives than discuss the future 'hope' of the nation, which of course, translates to you. :D

timmii

sporadic attendee
The gossip circles, like vultures, will move on eventually when the carcass has been picked clean. Just be patient. Besides most of it has very little actually to do with you. Just smile and try to enjoy the attention. "its better to be talked about than not talked about"????

My experiences thus far with the gossip circles (also entitled "why only 99.95"):

1 - I've been asked repeatedly about a controversy over our modern history marks, where a particularly strong class failed to get into band 6 at all.

2 - I was accosted at the shops yesterday by yr 11's, who kindly told me that I would have "gotten 100, if the rest of my year wasn't so stupid and brought me down" (For the record, my grade is *not* stupid, and i would not have swapped them for any other group of ppl if I could!)

3 - There was controversy over exam conditions at school during HSC, and I've been asked if that had any effect on it...

The irony is I'm so pleased with my mark...it has gotten me into my course (its entire function), and the HSC is over. Any failure to make 100 is purely my own! I suppose its flattering that everyone is going to such efforts to shift culpability tho...

Oh yes...back to my flimsy point. Your UAI is final, there can be no more conjecture. The gossip circles will leave eventually.

kini mini

HSC
It was the circling bit that worried me more than the picking :D. My only regret is the gossipers will use my marks to pressure the next lot of poor bastards, but that's their problem hehe.

D

d00d

the UAI is more important, coz its a nice simple number out of 100. ppl can't be bothered asking u "what'd u get in maths?" , "oh thats good, what about english?"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)