Help with ATAR and dropping subjects (1 Viewer)

Madmarty

HSC
Hi, I need some advice with my subjects and whether I should drop any so that I can focus on my other ones. Unfortunately my school hasn't given our ranks as public information of yet but I can tell for some.

School rank: 82

Subjects:
2U Mathematics
3U Mathematics (will possibly drop)
Advanced English (41/107)
Physics
Software Design & Development (1/7)
Engineering Studies (4/10)
Business Studies (top 20s)

I'm doing relatively well for all my subjects (13 units) with the exception of 3U maths. I can understand the topics and during topic tests I would perform to standard yet on major exams I would do badly. Furthermore the content in engineering is rather dense but I would like to utilise it to assist with engineering in uni.

What ATAR would I be able to get with average-high results in these subjects? Also should I drop any?

Thanks in advance

captainneuro

HSC
I'm doing relatively well for all my subjects (13 units) with the exception of 3U maths. I can understand the topics and during topic tests I would perform to standard yet on major exams I would do badly. Furthermore the content in engineering is rather dense but I would like to utilise it to assist with engineering in uni.

What ATAR would I be able to get with average-high results in these subjects? Also should I drop any?
Your question is pretty difficult to answer. Define average-high results? You should probably look at your preferred uni/course atar requirement and work towards that. Since you want to do engineering, I wouldn’t recommend dropping maths ext 1, but just working harder in it as it will help in uni.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)