Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By captainneuro

Thread: Help with ATAR and dropping subjects

HSC

Help with ATAR and dropping subjects

Hi, I need some advice with my subjects and whether I should drop any so that I can focus on my other ones. Unfortunately my school hasn't given our ranks as public information of yet but I can tell for some.

School rank: 82

Subjects:
    2U Mathematics
    3U Mathematics (will possibly drop)
    Advanced English (41/107)
    Physics
    Software Design & Development (1/7)
    Engineering Studies (4/10)
    Business Studies (top 20s)

I'm doing relatively well for all my subjects (13 units) with the exception of 3U maths. I can understand the topics and during topic tests I would perform to standard yet on major exams I would do badly. Furthermore the content in engineering is rather dense but I would like to utilise it to assist with engineering in uni.

What ATAR would I be able to get with average-high results in these subjects? Also should I drop any?

Thanks in advance

HSC

Re: Help with ATAR and dropping subjects

Quote Originally Posted by Madmarty View Post
    I'm doing relatively well for all my subjects (13 units) with the exception of 3U maths. I can understand the topics and during topic tests I would perform to standard yet on major exams I would do badly. Furthermore the content in engineering is rather dense but I would like to utilise it to assist with engineering in uni.

What ATAR would I be able to get with average-high results in these subjects? Also should I drop any?
    Your question is pretty difficult to answer. Define average-high results? You should probably look at your preferred uni/course atar requirement and work towards that. Since you want to do engineering, I wouldn’t recommend dropping maths ext 1, but just working harder in it as it will help in uni.
    ichila101 likes this.
    2017 HSC
    2018 Science (Neuro) at University of Sydney

Thread Information