Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sabbabbby

Thread: Help with ATAR and dropping subjects

HSC

Help with ATAR and dropping subjects

Hi, I need some advice with my subjects and whether I should drop any so that I can focus on my other ones. Unfortunately my school hasn't given our ranks as public information of yet but I can tell for some.

School rank: 82

Subjects:
    2U Mathematics
    3U Mathematics (will possibly drop)
    Advanced English (41/107)
    Physics
    Software Design & Development (1/7)
    Engineering Studies (4/10)
    Business Studies (top 20s)

I'm doing relatively well for all my subjects (13 units) with the exception of 3U maths. I can understand the topics and during topic tests I would perform to standard yet on major exams I would do badly. Furthermore the content in engineering is rather dense but I would like to utilise it to assist with engineering in uni.

What ATAR would I be able to get with average-high results in these subjects? Also should I drop any?

Thanks in advance

HSC

Re: Help with ATAR and dropping subjects

Quote Originally Posted by Madmarty View Post
    I'm doing relatively well for all my subjects (13 units) with the exception of 3U maths. I can understand the topics and during topic tests I would perform to standard yet on major exams I would do badly. Furthermore the content in engineering is rather dense but I would like to utilise it to assist with engineering in uni.

What ATAR would I be able to get with average-high results in these subjects? Also should I drop any?
    Your question is pretty difficult to answer. Define average-high results? You should probably look at your preferred uni/course atar requirement and work towards that. Since you want to do engineering, I wouldn’t recommend dropping maths ext 1, but just working harder in it as it will help in uni.
    ichila101 likes this.
    Science at University of Sydney 2018 - 2021

Thread Information