Is a 85+ atar still possible? (1 Viewer)

greginglis

HSC
Someone copied parts of my assignments so i got zero for one of my internal assesments. How much will this impact my overall mark? Is it possible to come back and get an 85+ atar?

tazhossain99

HSC
It's very much possible. You need to either do very well in the remaining assessments and exam for that subject (to 'redeem' yourself) OR do 'ok' in the remaining assessments and exam for that subject whilst keeping your other subjects at a good level. Just follow the HSC rules (for plagiarism, etc.) and DON'T GIVE UP.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Someone copied parts of my assignments so i got zero for one of my internal assesments. How much will this impact my overall mark? Is it possible to come back and get an 85+ atar?
Why not tell the teacher that your friend plagiarised so you don't get a 0? A 0 is massive it's so hard to come back from I'd recommend saving your ATAR by telling the teacher it wasn't your fault.

tazhossain99

HSC
Why not tell the teacher that your friend plagiarised so you don't get a 0? A 0 is massive it's so hard to come back from I'd recommend saving your ATAR by telling the teacher it wasn't your fault.
I'm not entirely sure, but I thought that the policy for plagiarism was that any individual involved was penalised? greginglis allowed the other person to copy, hence he had an unbound involvement in the plagiarism process. Maybe it's just my school that does it, idk.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Still possible but you are going to have to do really well in the rest of your assessment. You could alternatively do that subject next year at TAFE next year (both preliminary and HSC course are done in a single year).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)