Thread: Is a 85+ atar still possible?

HSC

Is a 85+ atar still possible?

Someone copied parts of my assignments so i got zero for one of my internal assesments. How much will this impact my overall mark? Is it possible to come back and get an 85+ atar?

HSC

Re: Is a 85+ atar still possible?

It's very much possible. You need to either do very well in the remaining assessments and exam for that subject (to 'redeem' yourself) OR do 'ok' in the remaining assessments and exam for that subject whilst keeping your other subjects at a good level. Just follow the HSC rules (for plagiarism, etc.) and DON'T GIVE UP.
    ATAR Goal: 95ish
    ATAR Achieved: 97.65

2017 HSC ~ Penrith High School
    English (Adv.) [83] ~ Mathematics Ext. 1 [99] ~ Mathematics Ext. 2 [92] ~ Physics [90] ~ Biology [93]

2018-2023 ~ UNSW
    BE/ME [Electrical]

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by greginglis View Post
    Someone copied parts of my assignments so i got zero for one of my internal assesments. How much will this impact my overall mark? Is it possible to come back and get an 85+ atar?
    Why not tell the teacher that your friend plagiarised so you don't get a 0? A 0 is massive it's so hard to come back from I'd recommend saving your ATAR by telling the teacher it wasn't your fault.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buy my books/notes cheaply here!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uni Course: Actuarial Studies and Statistics at MQ -- PM me if you have questions

2017 HSC Subjects: Eng Adv / 3u+4u Maths / Bio /Phys
    ATAR: 99.75

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu975 View Post
    Why not tell the teacher that your friend plagiarised so you don't get a 0? A 0 is massive it's so hard to come back from I'd recommend saving your ATAR by telling the teacher it wasn't your fault.
    I'm not entirely sure, but I thought that the policy for plagiarism was that any individual involved was penalised? greginglis allowed the other person to copy, hence he had an unbound involvement in the plagiarism process. Maybe it's just my school that does it, idk.
    ATAR Goal: 95ish
    ATAR Achieved: 97.65

2017 HSC ~ Penrith High School
    English (Adv.) [83] ~ Mathematics Ext. 1 [99] ~ Mathematics Ext. 2 [92] ~ Physics [90] ~ Biology [93]

2018-2023 ~ UNSW
    BE/ME [Electrical]

The pessimistic optimist. BLIT2014's Avatar
    HSC
    Uni Grad

Still possible but you are going to have to do really well in the rest of your assessment. You could alternatively do that subject next year at TAFE next year (both preliminary and HSC course are done in a single year).
    l’appel du vide

Got 1-2 minutes ? Please do my survey :P https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8ZPYZSD
    Moderator of Macquarie University

Thread Information